Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pensacola shooter gun question

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar

Pensacola shooter gun question

Frequently guns come up in the discussion here. The opinions range from every gun should be banned/melted down/confiscated, vs. anyone should be able to concealed carry/open carry/ purchase anything they want, any where, any time, any age, any mental condition.

Obviously, most lie in between. So a Saudi soldier was training in the US. He legally bought a handgun and opened fire on US soldiers at Pensacola, killing several Of course most news in the US is Trump, Republicans are the Devil or the chosen ones saving us from the deep state Democrats vs. Schiff/Pelosi are our knights in shining armor saving us from the Republican crooks, liars and felons. So a few blurbs about this tragic situation are buried on the major news sites. Per the BBC that handgun was legally bought by him.

why in the world can a Saudi legally buy a gun in the US. Please explain to my feeble mind. does our constitution give anyone legally here the right to bear arms?

In the abstract though, would visiting foreigners be afforded any of the other freedoms laid out in our Bill of Rights?

Freedom of religion? Speech? Rights to trial? Etc?

Bae, I read the rules but I still wonder why? You aren’t killing anyone by praying in a mosque.
    The right to trial issue I believe is why Guantanamo bay remains open. Taking the prisoners to the US would afford them US rights.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    Bae, I read the rules but I still wonder why?
    Well, the rules basically disagree with your initial premise that "our constitution gives anyone legally here the right to bear arms".

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    Bae, I read the rules but I still wonder why?
    But in the abstract, should visitors be denied freedom of religion, or of speech, or of rights to trial, and so on?

Yppej
    Flowerseverwhere it is for the benefit of big game ranches, hunting guides, and others who make a living off tourist hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Well, the rules basically disagree with your initial premise that "our constitution gives anyone legally here the right to bear arms".
    It wasn’t my premise, it was a question. I think when I first read the gun was bought legally I was very surprised. I had no idea it could be legal.

Ron De Santis, Governor of Florida, has called for changes in federal law "to close the loophole" that allows foreign nationals to buy firearms. In this instance, the foreign national had a valid Florida hunting license. With that he was able to buy a .45 cal. pistol. There is an entire array of guns and ammo he could have legally bought with that hunting license. It may seem like common sense to restrict what a foreign national can buy, to limit the lethality of his weaponry, since a background check would not disclose information about his convictions in a foreign jurisdiction.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I wish this tragic event had not taken place. Now lad abiding non-dangerous in any way, shape, or form Muslims who are legally in the US will be looked upon with yet more suspicion. Rob

Thread Information