Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pensacola shooter gun question

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Rob doesn’t trust cops. I don’t trust non-Christian Middle Easterners.
    Are Jews OK?

Discrimination against people of certain religions in regard to immigration is wrong and hopefully illegal.

Yppej
    We should be assisting religious refugees - whether Christians and Yazidis in the Middle East or Rohinga Muslims in Southeast Asia, or Muslims interned in concentration camps in China. It is not against any religion. Imagine how many lives we could have saved in the years leading up to WW2 if we'd had an immigration policy favoring Jewish refugees from Germany.

Y, yes we just turned away Jewish people. Heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I know a good number of Middle Eastern Christians. The bottom line is that they are not trying to blow us up. The Muslims, on the other hand...Religion of peace? What an effin’ crock of BS.
    I knew some Syrian Catholics growing up, and I knew Muslims in college. The Muslims I knew were not trying to blow anyone up--they were just trying to get through finals, like everyone else. Lots of religions have brutal sects--the KKK come to mind, and "identity Christians," notable for Timothy McVeigh. The Old Testament could hardly be more violent, prescribing abortion and murder and all kinds of mayhem. Most people, everywhere, just want to live peaceful lives, unmolested.

People have been slaughtered through the ages all for a god that no one knows even exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    People have been slaughtered through the ages all for a god that no one knows even exists.
    I think that is something of an oversimplification.

Religious fanaticism in its purest form is relatively rare. Mostly it’s people using religion to justify or obscure their motivations to grab some temporal wealth and power, or to persecute people they think need persecuting. If not God, they would readily find some other excuse. Ideology, patriotism, tribalism, racial identity and various other ideas have served just as well for even greater levels of atrocity than any inquisitor or crusader could aspire to.

Thread Information