Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre planning funerals

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Did you look at this site? For my state is just a listing of funeral homes. There is an ad coding 795 as a cost.

When I googled St. Louis cremation, hits werefrom $595 to $895. But there were some cautionary notes about up charges in this game, so buyer beware.
    Yes, I looked at the site. I found, as you did, that when yo ulooked at a state, ads popped up. One came up for Delaware at 795. The article itself cites a range of prices.

I was actually thinking of buying one of these so I'd have an urn when the time comes. They are even on sale, lol:

https://www.amazon.com/SmartChoice-W...garden&sr=1-35

For me, I can’t buy i to the funeral designation of a specific vessel as the proper container. If I were envisioning my ashes as being kept in an urn, I would want to pick out an art piece. Granted, most vessels dont have lids, but it wouldnt be hard to make one. I would be fine with DH or whomever scattering my ashes.

Yppej
    My mother is thinking of buying a plot although she wants to be cremated. Apparently you can have the ashes of 4 people in one plot.

I was thinking have the urn at the service, then if you scattered the ashes you could reuse it for the next person who needed it. Didn't Terry have an urn they reused, or was that someone else.?

Well, sometimes you make a good decision; sometimes you make one you might want to do over. I didn't buy Apple stock at $12, either.

But it's done and we achieve our goal of choosing what we want for our post-final moment. I suppose any number of exceptions and edge cases can be identified for pretty much any choice every one of us could make. DW and I could die on a vacation outside the U.S. and not have travel insurance to cover the cost of shipping the remains back to Minnesota. Can't/won't cover every eventuality. Our kid is pretty smart. She'll figure out what meets the legal requirements and her needs. And she'll have the money to carry it off (some of it will be ours).
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Tybee, yes my MIL’s urn has been used about 4x’s. It’s beautiful and because I don’t want my ashes scattered I will be the last occupant. My dogs will be shaken in and we all interred.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Tybee, yes my MIL’s urn has been used about 4x’s. It’s beautiful and because I don’t want my ashes scattered I will be the last occupant. My dogs will be shaken in and we all interred.
    I love that, Terry. It's sensible, frugal, and respectful of the earth.

I just might buy that urn to use and reuse (thinking of my parents) --then if my kids want, they can scatter me and keep the urn for another generation.

A really nice idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I love that, Terry. It's sensible, frugal, and respectful of the earth.

I just might buy that urn to use and reuse (thinking of my parents) --then if my kids want, they can scatter me and keep the urn for another generation.

A really nice idea.
    I like the shake 'n bake idea! (Technically, I guess that would be bake 'n shake). I still have my two dogs' ashes (I couldn't bring myself to "downsize" those. They survived The Purge.), and maybe DH and I could be all intermingled and then the kids could use the ash as fertilizer for a tree or something.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

My MIL was frugal and generous so I knew she wouldn’t mind. It cost 250 13 years ago. I have 8 urns of dog ashes. The dogs go with whoever goes first. I figured it would be me because I am 5 years older and have more health issues.

Thread Information