Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 182 Sq. Foot Apartment - and it's got a soaking tub!

For me the biggest "no" of the space is the window right at sidewalk level. That makes security a major concern, at least for me. Especially in the summer when I would want to leave a window open overnight.
    I was thinking of renting an apt with a window at ground level pretty much years ago, wasn't that small though, but my mom didn't want me to, though it was dangerous. Oh well fine mom, I didn't, but I don't worry about such things much myself.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Very interesting--I love how he used his engineering skills to really maximize the opportunity to fit as many living functions into the space as possible. I think the multiple levels is very useful, but it also leads to a bit of visual clutter. There are too many nooks for me, I think, as functional as they are. But it's extremely well-thought out and executed.
    I tend to agree. As a commenter on the video wrote, (paraphrasing) "it's well done but wouldn't work for me. I like to dance." On the other hand, I like that it isn't a bunch of "convertible" spaces. I look at videos of tiny homes where everything is constantly being moved around to turn one small space into various different use spaces and I think how tedious that would be over time. It was tedious enough when the only convertible space in my tiny NYC apartment was daily converting the futon from bed to couch in the morning and back to a bed again at night.

Yeah, I would use a murphy bed as intended about 2 times and then nope put of that.when
    i was in high school and living with my parents,I had a single bed in a fold out couch because my room was small. It worked nicely and I did t mind closing up that bed each day, but that was back then.

Nowadays, in that situation, I would get a daybed.

Our RV is 162 sq ft and after a month I want to kill my husband)

I was (unexpectedly) impressed--by his ingenuity and the finishes he used. I would love to know his overall cost.

I liked all the thought and effort and how he stood on the stool to upon the blind.

It would never, ever work for me as too many nooks and crannies, disturbing spatially.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Our RV is 162 sq ft and after a month I want to kill my husband)
    My sister and her wife, both retired, have a 23 foot long RV that they've now done two several month long trips in, as well as a few shorter ones. They both have commented that it sure does rain a lot in certain parts of the country. Not surprisingly they enjoy it a lot more when the weather's nice and one, or both, of them can get outside and not be literally on top of each other nonstop.

Personally I could go back to a really tiny space again if it was just me. But living with SO I need a sound separate space. Whenever he's home he likes to have the tv on. If I had to spend the whole weekend listening to the people on Deep Space 9 and Below Deck I would be single in a matter of a few weekends...

Ours is 27 ft. Yes DH likes tv on and is messy. Not a good combo in a small space.

The Paris apartment is beautiful, but there's something... I like it, but not sure I love it. Interesting. Loved the details on the how's and why's of the design, construction and choices. Thanks for posting!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post

There’s a video on YouTube that follows that one about a four level tiny apartment in Paris that is I thinK slicker:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=koKg8Hgz-
    I agree. I prefer Petit Maison a la Française
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information