Thread: Facebook question

Facebook question

I think I have a couple messages from people who aren't my "friends". I can't seem to find them. I've googled how to find them, but just am not able to find some of the places they tell me to look.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks.

Are you asking how to find the messages which may or may not exist or are you trying to find the Facebook profiles for the people who are not your friends?

If it's messages, the obvious place to look would be in Facebook Messenger.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Hi Alan. I sent a facebook message to someone who's not on my friends list through her facebook. It was just a note of encouragement to her. But I see that I got a message, but it doesn't appear to be from any of my friends, since I've read all those and the notification is still up there. supposedly there is a not-very-easy-to-find place that shows messages from non-friends.

You might try clicking on the Messages icon at the top of your screen and then clicking Message Requests at the top of the messaging screen.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thanks Alan. My poor brain. Getting ready for christmas has done me in. Yes.....I think you are right. For some reason, I never realized that message icon was there. There was nothing new in there, so now I'm thinking maybe I just need to update/restart my computer. Maybe that will work.
    thanks for you help!

If you open the little messenger window, then click on the lower left corner "See all in messenger," you should open a larger window that includes messages from non-friends on the left.

Thanks rosarugosa. Looks like I don't have any non-friend messages, so I don't know why it keeps saying I have a message. Maybe just a glitch in the system. I don't think the person (non"friend") I sent a message to has opened the message, so she may not know about how to do this either. I've sent a couple messages over the years to people who weren't "friends", and I'm pretty sure they never opened them up. I don't know why Facebook doesn't make it easier to find these.
    Thanks again!

Thread Information