Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O Tannenbaum

O Tannenbaum

Wanna show off your Christmas tree?

My dear wife cut out the snowflakes with scissors. I love them.

000_0361 (2).jpg

Ours is still growing outside, we meant to go harvest it today but failed due to poor weather and general laziness :-)

We spend each Christmas on a beach, this year it will be in South Carolina. We have a small tabletop tree that travels with us so once we get there and get it set up I'll post a pic.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    Wanna show off your Christmas tree?

My dear wife cut out the snowflakes with scissors. I love them.

000_0361 (2).jpg
    They are great snowflakes! Great balance to the tiny twinkly lights, and the icing on the cake is that they're home-made!

This is the first year in 68 years of Christmases that I may not have a Christmas tree.. but if I break down and get some make-do thing that will actually fit in this little house, I'll share it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Nice tree, Dado.

I won't show off my tree this year. When you add a young pup to the house, it cuts out a lot of decorations. No hanging stockings, no icicles or other tempting distractions that need investigation and tasting and pulling. He is having fun and I am busy managing and training him.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Nice tree, Dado.

I won't show off my tree this year. When you add a young pup to the house, it cuts out a lot of decorations. No hanging stockings, no icicles or other tempting distractions that need investigation and tasting and pulling. He is having fun and I am busy managing and training him.
    LOL razz........I understand that. Our cat used to try to climb it. Oh....and my son chewed on a bulb when he was little. When my daughter was small, we had to put a little fence around the tree. So pets and children require much of the same things when it comes to christmas trees! Have fun with your pup!

My mother’s father was a Chicago fireman in the 40s through the 60s. He had an absolute hatred of natural trees based on their horrific flammability. All his descendants have artificial trees. In my childhood they were aluminum. Today I have a realistic tree that came with a remote that lets me change the light patterns.

That's a lovely tree--colorful, with a mix of decorations.

I'll have a tree again some day. Artificial because, you know, I'm a tree hugger, not a tree mugger.

Here is our 10’ pencil shaped tree, in its last year here. It isnt charming with home made pieces like dado’s, it is more department store decor, but it has hot pink ornaments to personalize it, my fave. I will give it all away next November.

On our mantle is the old Santa, sleigh, and reindeer of celluloid from my mom. I think he dates from the 1930’s. He is all faded, his suit is now orange instead of red.

57ED9DED-1ACC-4D37-9EB6-5C6DD83859C0.jpg0F5A2144-FB9E-4BB7-93AB-7DAC60C43D07.jpg

Thread Information