Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O Tannenbaum

This morning I lit a candle beside the little gingerbread village that sits on the shelf. Other than a wreath, that’s the extent of our decorations. I’ve never been into it much but now that the kids are gone I can minimize it down to almost nothing. I like the public displays in our downtown that are over the top and I can visit them. I don’t want to do the work!

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Love the treeskirt!
    Thank you! Step-grandmother made it. It is one of those kits with felt and sequins, etc. Back when the kids were little, she also did individual stockings for the family, a Noah's Ark advent calendar, and a Christmas card holder wall hanging. How she managed ALL of that, I will never know! Bless her - she is 102 and still kicking!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Ours is too embarrassing to post. DW brought it up from the basement; apparently last year we took it downstairs, lights, ornaments, and all. It's a little worse for that wear but it looks okay sitting in the window and Christmas isn't at our house this year anyway, so we'll put that energy into something else.
    Not as embarrassing as the 2-ft tree I bought today at Dollar General for $12.50! What a comedown this year! I used to have beautiful trees, and every ornament has a story, and we would have the kids show and tell the stories about the ornaments and then put them on the tree. We had the "baby's first Christmas" ornaments, and ornaments we got on vacations in Vermont, Maine, Orlando, etc. I had old ornaments from my MIL, and gifted ornaments from dear friends, and hand-made ornaments the kids made. It was like our family's whole life in a tree. I still have the ornaments packed away in New Jersey. I'll probably just divide them up to the kids, if they want them.

I also bought a poinsettia, just for some color and greenery.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information