Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many of these celebrities, politicians and sports figures can you name?

How many of these celebrities, politicians and sports figures can you name?

Fun quiz in the New York Times. Hopefully you don't get stopped by a paywall. I did the best with politicians--I did pretty poorly on celebrities and sports stars...Let's just say that there are no pictures of Regis Philbin, Carol Burnett or other celebrities of days gone by. My overall score: was pretty on par with how other NYT people did--I was in the 52nd percentile

It's also fun to see at the end how many people recognized the 50 people.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...gtype=Homepage
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I probably won’t do well because I don’t watch TV news so I don’t know what these people look like.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I probably won’t do well because I don’t watch TV news so I don’t know what these people look like.
    I don't have TV access either so won't try. Curious to see what others say though.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I got 24 right. I knew the political people but not many celebrities.

I got 35---clearly not up on my rap and soccer stars. Called Bloomberg Mike instead of Michael and didn't get credit for that. Also (duh) called Bernie Sanders "Barry" and so missed that one. LOL!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I don't watch TV at all, so I was surprised that I got 30 right.

31 right. Would have gotten a higher score if they'd accepted nicknames for some of the political leaders pictured.

ETA they did accept "Mike Bloomberg" when I took the quiz.

ETA removed my characterizations of some people whose images were shown; not starting a cultural war here in which I won't fight.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    31 right. Would have gotten a higher score if they'd accepted nicknames for some of the political leaders pictured.

ETA they did accept "Mike Bloomberg" when I took the quiz.

ETA removed my characterizations of some people whose images were shown; not starting a cultural war here in which I won't fight.
    Maybe I spelled Bloomberg wrong...I know I got something wrong; I figured it was the Michael/Mike thing.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I managed to get Beyonce right, but I was only guessing. I aced the politicians, except for Modi. I'm satisfied with my performance.

I got 34, actually 35 if I could have spelled Xi Jinping correctly, There were a couple I /should/ have gotten, like Deval Patrick who was our governor. The sports ball and singer ones, I mostly had no idea.

Thread Information