Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy 12 /25 everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I think we'll sleep well tonight after medicating ourselves with NyQuil.
    "NyQuil, the nighttime sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, how the $&^#) did I end up on the kitchen floor medicine." But sleep works wonders for such illnesses. Feel better soon -- sick over holidays is no fun.

bae, someone's timing on the milestones was amazing! I got my final divorce papers the day of my birthday. It seemed to be more of a relief than a gift: the long slog (about two years for us) was over. You've been through a wrenching process, bae, but you seem to have come out well on the other side. Good days are ahead for you, I'm sure of it.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Good days are ahead for you, I'm sure of it.
    Well, except this Christmas Feast today has everyone here moaning, because it was so good we overate. Seems memos got crossed, so too many people brought too much food, and it was all insane.

Not a bad problem :-)

Ooof.

Catherine, it's adorable! Glad you and DS and DH having a chill and especialy, a peaceful, Christmas!

Going to be a very long day tomorrow, as it was Monday. Been waiting on a receipt from the tax people, as it should have cleared by now (mailed the same time/mailbox as coworker, who I have printed off their receipts a week ago). Missed the bank Christmas Eve (wasn't originally on my plan), as I am going to take money out of savings to go pay and get a receipt, until I know wtf is going on with my check.

So today, had lunch/dinner with the family. Then they watched a movie, and I have been online, ordering parts for a project. Now, sitting here, watching a show that I once saw on PBS, that is good, Finding Sugarman.
    Bae, may your Christmas's all be better from here on out. Not my favorite holiday either, enough bad times.

Just us two and we are blue - missing family far away. So we took a long walk on the first sunny day in a while, made posole for dinner and ate by a roaring fire. It's odd, but a family member also just finalized a divorce last week. Perhaps it is good to wrap up those things at year's end to start fresh in the New Year - and for tax purposes.

Stayed home and quiet. I started the big furniture rearrangement that is one of the first steps to our moving downstairs, aging in place. Neighbors came and removed the electric bed they’d loaned us. We returned the commode a week ago. DH is walking mostly with a cane these days but is still in pain and tired at the end of the day.

While looking for equipment for DH, found out that a now-defunct rehab hospital, nearby, was selling their old equipment. If we’d known about them sooner, I would have bought DH a wheelchair!

We decided this morning to try and salvage our old leather couch, but also decided that if we can’t, we’ll probably buy a convertible couch, so we get a guest bed and couch in one.

One more step done or started anyway!

It ended up being a good day with family, but the days leading up to Christmas were way too hectic - with work all the way up to and including Christmas eve and preps, etc. Christmas morning we did our little family thing and then the driving began. Again, it was GREAT seeing family, but having Christmas on a Wednesday really made it not feel like a holiday. Just 1 day off between workdays. But, again, seeing family always makes it all worth while in the end.

Happy Holidays to all!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    having Christmas on a Wednesday really made it not feel like a holiday
    But it sure makes today feel like a Monday...
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

PT, sounds like it’s time to plan a visit to your daughter and grand babies. We had a great time at the kids and came home with leftovers.

Here are my lovely, elegant, and unique Xmas gifts from DH, haha : windshield fluid, duct tape, Lindt chocolates. Only the Lindt truffles were wrapped. I DID ask for duct tape. One roll is in classic grey, the other is in color pop red.

66E345A1-C9A8-4F80-A73E-C242BC5ADD4F.jpeg

Thread Information