Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: canceling memberships

canceling memberships

Have decided to not renew Costco or Amazon Prime. Although some benefits are there, the overall value doesn't seem to make sense. Anyone else?

I did the same thing with Costco and Amazon Prime for the same reason. My memberships now are so few that it is easy to manage and stay current on the billing for each as some have auto-renew but do send notification well ahead of time.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I never found Costco to be worth the money and never had Amazon.

I would buy the Costco for my glasses, Mom's hearing aid batteries and hearing aids, maple syrup, cooked chicken, nuts in bulk, tuna, etc. And there are only the three of us. Husband got a free Sams Club membership and we do like the breaded flounder but on the whole, I do not like the store.

Amazon for prime videos and all the free shipping my husband uses for the tools and such he buys. He is a careful shopper and has several dealers that use Amazon. He even buys nails and screws in bulk with free shipping. I have bought enormous bolts of 40 yards of batting with free shipping.

But I tell everyone to think carefully about what they buy and to watch impulse buys.

I use Costco for dog food and dog meds, and some bulk buying of tuna, pasta, olives, etc for which my daughter reimburses me.

I haven’t decided if I’m renewing Prime yet, don’t think I broke even on it last year, I need to research it a bit. That, and 2-day shipping is really a thing of the past in my area, so getting something quickly is not an incentive any more.

We have enough Costco items that we buy on regular rotation (go chicken go!!!) along with gas that we would always keep it. I've never had Amazon prime but I purchase and never pay for shipping on so I wouldn't waste my money for a couple of days shaved off shipping. I'm retired... I can wait.

No current memberships to anything.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Have Costco and will continue. Constant availability of organic produce and meats at good prices. Not being a shopper, they don't "get me" with impulse buys.

I' sitting on $200 gift cards to Amazon-cuz I'm not a shopper. So their Prime doesn't entice me in the least.

I wouldn't know what other memberships are out there. ??

Costco and Sam's are provided to me from work. I have never quite understood the whole prime thing. They generally don't support my OS, so video's are out, or I have to use some other machines. Prime audio, uhg, yeah, I want my music on my machines so If someone takes out the cable pole, I can still listen.
    I prefer physical books, and generally have found my books, used, for cheaper then a digital book.
    Prime makes no sense.

We save enough on kitty litter alone to pay for our Costco membership. We only have 2 cats, but no place else can come near Costco for price on this one item. We save a great deal on eyeglasses as well. We regularly buy nuts, olive oil, coffee beans, naan and wine for good prices (and high quality products).
    I've never done Prime and agree that I can wait and bundle purchases for free shipping. My sister has Prime, so if I need something in a rush occasionally, I go through her.

Thread Information