Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: canceling memberships

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    PT, I hate the crowds, long lines and checking the receipt. Ugh!
    I learned long ago Friday afternoon between 3-4 is virtually empty. And I've never once in 30y had an error on a recent. (yes, I check).

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    NewGig: Costco charges 7.99 for 42 lbs of clumping kitty litter. The tricky part is carrying the box.
    Rosa, how "dusty" is this litter? I can't stand the dust so right now we're paying for "World's Best" from Petco. We got tired of trying brands......

I closed my yahoo account a few days ago. It was my original email and I used it for the store, but the store has been closed 15 years now, so why keep it? I’m sure there are things I’ll regret losing from it, but mostly it’s like becoming a butterfly after being an earthbound caterpillar!

Our Costco’s are never empty. The parking lot is always packed and sometimes you have to wait in line to show your card to get in.

I discontinued Costco a few years ago. A lot of their bulk food items were good deals, but my smaller house doesn't have a lot of kitchen storage space and some would take forever to consume. It was not a pleasant shopping experience due to the crowds, parking, and rambling warehouse. They do carry a few quality household items, but can probably get similar deals from Amazon. I'm guess I'm just not a store shopper fan. I think it would make good sense for an average or larger sized family.

I've had Amazon Prime 30 day free trials a couple of times. It is sort of nice but not worth the price. They still offer me free trials and I may sign up again. I currently on their free 90 trial of Amazon Music Unlimited. It's probably similar to Spotify and an upscale from the music you get with the regular Amazon Prime membership. It is rather nice also, but not worth the monthly fee. They send a reminder email when the free trials are about to expire and you start being charged, so it's pretty easy to cancel when the time comes.

NewGig: I've been using it for a long time so don't have much basis for comparison, but I think it is pretty dusty. Two of our littler boxes are covered, and the covers get pretty dusty looking.
    Can you please tell me more about you e-mail transition? I've been using the same Yahoo email forever and I know I should switch over to Gmail but the thought overwhelms me!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    NewGig: Costco charges 7.99 for 42 lbs of clumping kitty litter. The tricky part is carrying the box.
    Does Costco have different items and prices depending on location? Ours has 42 pounds for $12.96, occasionally on sale $3 off. I feel a bit indignant!

My favorite Costco item lately - beyond the roast chickens which can provide a week's protein for 2 for $5 - is the boneless skinless salmon. $10 a pound isn't super cheap but it's perfect for homemade sushi, and that is a huge bargain compared eating out.

Our Walmart’s has different prices depending on the neighborhood. I was shocked the first time I realized this.

Kib: That's a good question. I just double-checked my receipt, and it wasn't a special deal, so I have no idea why the price is so different between MA and AZ. I guess that's a tiny offset to our otherwise very high COL!

the brand they offer here is scoop-away, it's in a big plastic purple bag.

Thread Information