Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: canceling memberships

I like Costco, love many of their products, and respect their business model. but I don't get there much lately--and their online selection seems meager to me, after Amazon. I should cancel, I guess.

I use Amazon on a heavy and near-daily basis; you can't beat their delivery service, their selection, their customer service. Prime is more than worth it to me.

I'm with Jane on both counts. We had a Costco pretty much around the corner from us in NJ, and we do have one up in VT that's quite convenient actually--right off the interstate on the way to Burlington, so while I don't get there as often as I used to, I still get there. My latest great purchase was a winter fake down winter jacket that is packable and good for any weather up to about 50 degrees. $29.95. And I love their curated offerings. They have a lot of stuff that I like. It's harder for me to buy in bulk these days, but I still do it for those things I use constantly.

As for Amazon Prime, yes, I like the simplicity of it, so I'm keeping that, too. I'm not a planner and do almost everything last minute, so I often depend on the one-day shipping.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I'm curious what regulars buy from Amazon to use Prime? Since most of us are not "shoppers". Am I missing the boat here?

I'm a regular shopper on Amazon because there are things that we buy that I haven't found locally and I'm not going to drive around looking for specific things. Due to the fact that I'm regular I would never buy prime because I am able to put $25 worth together and not pay for shipping. I don't mind waiting a week for it. I'm in no hurry.

If we didn’t have Winco we might use Costco. No one beats Winco’s prices overall.

We don't shop at amazon that much anymore but are enjoying some of their streaming shows - that is the only reason for us.

Items I've bought from Amazon lately include: water color paints, Christmas gifts, Japanese curry, toiletries, dried whole milk, zipper pulls, kilt pins...anything I can't easily buy at local grocers, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I'm with Jane on both counts. We had a Costco pretty much around the corner from us in NJ, and we do have one up in VT that's quite convenient actually--right off the interstate on the way to Burlington, so while I don't get there as often as I used to, I still get there. My latest great purchase was a winter fake down winter jacket that is packable and good for any weather up to about 50 degrees. $29.95. And I love their curated offerings. They have a lot of stuff that I like. It's harder for me to buy in bulk these days, but I still do it for those things I use constantly.

As for Amazon Prime, yes, I like the simplicity of it, so I'm keeping that, too. I'm not a planner and do almost everything last minute, so I often depend on the one-day shipping.
    wait, do you mean -50 degrees? Because at +50 degrees I am wearing a light sweater outdoors. I have lots of natural padding, tho.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    wait, do you mean -50 degrees? Because at +50 degrees I am wearing a light sweater outdoors. I have lots of natural padding, tho.
    haha! Yes, my point is, you can use it like a winter parka or for warmer weather without looking like you're all bundled up.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I haven't worn a coat for years; the weather is moderate here and getting more so.

Thread Information