Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zero Fare Transit - coming to Kansas City MO

Speaking as a former public transit rider in Boston, I would have preferred better quality public transit to cheaper or free. Boston is a prosperous city in a prosperous state, yet we have the transit system of a third-world country. Rush hour traffic is so bad that people should want to take public transit, but it sucks badly enough that everyone would probably drive into the city if parking wasn't so expensive.

Rosa, I think it’s a matter of perspective because we find Boston public transport to be awesome.

TT: I think it is a different experience if you are taking it every day at rush hour and you are consistently dealing with long delays, overcrowded trains and buses, lack of shelter at bus stops in the winter, etc.

Yppej
    When I commuted into Boston I found the commuter rail good, the subway system so-so.

Rosa, that makes sense and we didn’t take it at rush hour.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I read about this online and I believe it's wonderful. We have a lot of lower income exclusively transit riders in the 85006 and free transit for the legitimately working poor? Might mean the right to actually eat healthier food once in awhile instead of survival junk at the dollar store mixed with loss leaders at Hispanic grocery stores. Since I'm doing better I believe I should be paying and subsidizing those less fortunate, much like the taxes of many here subsidized medical issues I had while I was on Medicaid. Rob

Thread Information