Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: what 3 things do you want to finish in 2020?

Okay. I started this. What can I do today?

Inventory the seeds and figure out what to order or cull.

Call the college where we’re donating clothing for an address to mail them, as I’m a
    most never in that part of the state.

Try, again, to find out what my publisher wants for a formatted edit?

Quote Originally Posted by NewGig View Post
    Fyi, AARP has a list of aging in place improvements you can do. Here

https://www.aarp.org/livable-communi...-in-place.html
    Thanks, Pinkytoe. Good luck with the decision.

There are so many things that feel like they are never done. This is a good opportunity to think of a few things I can really remove from my list.

1. Repaint kitchen ceiling after the pressure cooker incident (already primed and patched texture).
    2. Clean out front landscaping - I redid it about 5 years ago and some plants need to be moved or removed.
    3. Purge the crawlspace - we used this for a lot of storage when we moved in and i've pared it down over time, but if something is in there I probably don't need it.

Neat blog, Rosemary!
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

Quote Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
    There are so many things that feel like they are never done. This is a good opportunity to think of a few things I can really remove from my list.

1. Repaint kitchen ceiling after the pressure cooker incident (already primed and patched texture).
    2. Clean out front landscaping - I redid it about 5 years ago and some plants need to be moved or removed.
    3. Purge the crawlspace - we used this for a lot of storage when we moved in and i've pared it down over time, but if something is in there I probably don't need it.
    The very idea of “pressure cooker incidents” scare me!

I do have one of the new Insta pots, got it at the thrift store, but I dont use it much. It is our rice cooker kept at our weekend house. I approach it with caution.

I never buy kitchen gadgets anymore because I don’t use them enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I never buy kitchen gadgets anymore because I don’t use them enough.
    This year our regular blender broke, but because I had purchased an immersion blender at a yard sale just to try out,
    i will not be replacing the big blender. So far I have not found anything that this stick/immersion blender won’t do for me.

I’m not in love with this Insta pot but I got it at a thrift store so it was worth trying and I needed a rice cooker for our second house.

I don’t have a blender, mixer or rice pot. I cook rice on top the stove. The last 2 gadgets I had was a bread maker that I used for about a year and a grilling machine. Both are now gone.

Oh but I love my rice cookers! Perfect rice every time, no boiling over mess. I set it and turn my back on it.

DH has gone through several bread makers in our marriage. He has not made bread for several years, but for a while there he made it weekly. Last bread maker came from a thrift store. They have been passť for so long now that I am not sure they are even found at thrift stores.there used to be a dozen of them at any one time.

packed away in our attic is a pasta maker and an ice cream maker. am not allowed to touch them to get rid of them!

Homemade ice cream is an amazing creation to enjoy. Drizzle over it some homemade raspberry coulis and heaven is here. Never get rid of the ice cream maker!
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

Thread Information