Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: what 3 things do you want to finish in 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I use my crockpot for spaghetti sauce, stews and roast with potatoes and veggies.
    I use the Instant Pot for that kind of thing; I'm impatient that way.

Any difference between the two of them besides the speed?

I thin the instant pot is a small pressure cooker where a crockpot is a simmer cooker? Might affect texture and taste? But I do not really know.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Any difference between the two of them besides the speed?
    The Instant Pot can saute' and steam, as well as having a slow-cooking mode. It is basically a pressure cooker with multiple options.

1. I want to finish my remaining house in Bisbee. I think I may be ready to get down to one piece of real estate, the lure of having all my possessions and responsibilities within 20 yards of my fingertips is huge. What I'm sick and tired of is hearing myself say, "I have to finish the house before I can make a decision." Ok, fine, Karen, so finish it!

2. Part of this is that if I'm ready to sell this house, I have to figure out what to do with my possessions - the things I own don't fit in one home. I have plenty of things I don't care about at all that should be easy to choose between or get rid of, but doing "kon mari" has also made me aware of how many things I actually use and/or cherish, even as I struggle with my dislike of clutter. It's time to figure this out.

3. In 2018 I put in a lot of effort and experimentation to get my weight down. In 2019, I let that all go. I still believe in the possibility of a balance between discipline and auto-pilot that works - perhaps not optimal health or appearance, but an improvement. I've got a lot of knowledge stored up, I really want to sort it out.

Lib, so after selling one house you still have more than one? Do you have a spouse that is part of the problem? Seems like you have a lot of stuff. Maybe decide what’s most important. Read the book cleaning at the speed of life. It’s really helpful.

Oh, my geographic cure is legend. I had two houses in Bisbee. We moved to Tucson and the market was terrible so we kept them. Then a piece of raw property came on the market and there were dreams of living back to the land in the center of a city, til reality intruded. So there are two issues ... me not running away from my present by imagining a new house = a new life, and the fact that I inherited half a house full of lovely mid century teak furniture when my mother moved to a small retirement apartment. I suddenly have furnishings I really do value, enough for two smallish houses. I'm not in love with our current house, and one solution would be to find the forever house, big enough for the best of the furniture, but I'm a bit gun shy, as my focus has been on downsizing. So my goals, as you can see, are basically about setting myself up to make choices without repeating mistakes I've already made.

1. Dispose of the old electronics, this includes a desktop computer with monitor and several laptops
    2. Clear out the basement storage unit. Apartment is doing work in the basement this year so we have no choice
    3. Finish all the unfinished projects. This includes 1 quilt, a suit for husband, a sweater, and a hat/mittens/scarf set

klunick
    I would like to finish getting the "outside" to match the "inside". We did a big re-do of our kitchen/bathrooms/living room over the last two years. New paint/flooring/furniture/decor. We hadn't done anything major to the house in the 20+ years we lived there because we had two growing boys who always needed something, my husband's need for more and more hot rods, and just plain laziness. Got to the point where we were embarrassed for people to come over because it looked so bad. Whenever I cleaned, I would tell my husband that I was "polishing a turd" because no matter how clean it was, it still looked bad.

After the re-do, our house looks like it came from the pages of a magazine and we are thrilled. So, I'd like to keep my "surroundings" matching how I feel inside. Organized and uncluttered. It gives me peace. That is why I was so happy yesterday that I finally got to declutter my desk at work. I came in this morning and didn't dread having to sit at my desk with all those "things" around me and crowding my space.

Thread Information