Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: what 3 things do you want to finish in 2020?

1. Lose the rest of the weight -- don't have that many more pounds to lose compared to what I've lost, but I want to finish it and get to my goal.
    2. Finish remodeling our basement. It needs a reconfigure because the space is poorly used now and there are some cosmetic updates to apply.
    3. Get back on my bicycle or address the physical reasons I can't (while we still have good medical coverage).
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

1) to complete sorting and purging 1/2 of my book collection. This year, just 1/2 is my goal.

2) to set up word processing on my Mac Pro and figure out how to use it in a basic way. Will need to transfer 100 files at some point. Ugh.

3) finish setting up Social Security income. Will turn that on some time in the next few months.

1- get to my weight goal
    2- scan photographs gathering dust
    3- go on at least 8 hikes
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Pinkytoe: This is a bit of a digression, but can you please remind me why you moved initially? I think I would have a very tough time adjusting to a new place, so your postings about sense of place and where to live really sound like such a difficult thing to grapple with.

Rosa, when younger I found moving exciting. Now I love the stability of living in one place with friends and family.

Move to the "new" laptop that I've had so long it's practically obsolete. In my defense, this one has been a workhorse and has outlived its life expectancy.

Continue with intermittent fasting (for the third year!), with ongoing tweaking. It's easy and saves me money and time.

Continue to downsize and organize. Ongoing, always.

Finish home improvement projects and list house for sale - find a ranch-style (no stairs!) to finish out in.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    Finish home improvement projects and list house for sale - find a ranch-style (no stairs!) to finish out in.
    Beckyliz, when house hunting look for an easy access front step as well. I am surprised at how much so-called senior condos etc have high steps going in and a few more of them once in the entryway. Wishing well in making the transition.
    Last edited by razz; 12-31-19 at 8:42pm.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

We wanted to retire but property taxes were so high where we lived that we made the decision to move out of state. It had been a life-long dream to live here anyway. Actually very exciting to move to someplace entirely different and "start over" - no regrets there but after a year here, DD became pregnant with twins and the call to return to family and familiarity looms large - especially as age encroaches. So, I would like to put the decision to bed in 2020.

Fyi, AARP has a list of aging in place improvements you can do. Here

https://www.aarp.org/livable-communi...-in-place.html

Thread Information