Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your biggest accomplishment of 2019?

What was your biggest accomplishment of 2019?

As we look forward to 2020 with new plans and dreams, it's a good time to reflect on past successes.

I asked this question of my DS last night, and when he turned the question back on me, I had to think about it for a moment, but then I determined that unequivocally my biggest accomplishment was downsizing: specifically, getting rid of 2 tons of crap. It was a huge task, but we committed to it, and DH and I did it without too many arguments about what to pitch and what to spare.

The Purge will have have lifetime positive consequences for me. I feel I've grabbed at least one brass ring of the the simple life.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yppej
    Transferring to work at a location closer to home with fewer mean girls.

Figured out a way to stop the panic attacks which had made me a hoarder for so long is one. Sold the memoir is the other!

Quote Originally Posted by NewGig View Post
    Sold the memoir is the other!
    Let us know when it's available! (If you care to)
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I can’t think of any big ones but I did get my new Maltese Amy and secure a contract to teach a graduate class. I am excited because I have only taught at the undergraduate level.

I didnt have accomplishments really. But my year of 2019 was marked with a bunch of short travell events. I stayed 7 or 8 times overnight in hotels or Air bnb places, all for garden club/plant related activities. Only one event was an actual long distance vacation, our trip to New England.

So, I would characterize the year as “not especially interesting travel hops.”

Just getting through 2019 was my biggest accomplishment.

Mostly a year of rest after two previous years of upheaval. One thing stands out though - this fall, I developed some sort of physical ailment with mysterious painful symptoms which I immediately followed up on. Invasive medical tests were done with more to follow and so I told myself NO more of this "healthcare". I went to the library and checked out every book on healing I could find. I convinced myself true or not that my mental status might have much to do with all of my symptoms. Within a matter weeks and lots of introspection, all the symptoms gradually disappeared.

l travelled to the south and southwest US which was a longterm wish, figured out that I needed a dog, got my little rescue Beagle who is settling in well becoming more confident and mischievous as the months go by. I ordered a clicker to train him as he is ready for learning tricks.
    Cath, this was a good thread for me this morning as I was feeling a little blue and needed a kick in the pants to count my blessings. Once I started counting, life was a joy again.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Worked on overhauling my portfolio and my trading and had a solid year in my account, implementing new strategies and new philosophy. Also solid performances in my son and grandchildren's accounts. Lots of hard work and new strategies, which held.

Thread Information