Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: What movies are you watching in 2020?

I watched three documentaries recently on Amazon Prime:

A Courtship—About a young woman in the U.S. who does not participate in the ritual of dating, but instead wishes is to find a husband through a traditional courtship ritual where her pseudo-family acts in her stead in many instances and guideS her in meeting with men. It is predictably icky, but the young woman is so nice, sincere, and decent makes me wish I had a son I could send her way but then she would not like my son probably.

Closure— About a young African-American woman, adopted by white parents in Bellingham Washington, searching for her birth family. Very upbeat, she is pretty and happy.It is cool what she finds in her paternal line.

Miss snake charmer—About the Miss Snake ?Charmer scholarship contest ( beauty pageant) held every year in Sweetwater Texas where a festival centers on rattlesnakes.

All of these were good.

I just watched my first-ever Netflix series. It was only 4 episodes so not too much of a commitment, lol. It was "Self Made" about Madam CJ Walker. She was the first self-made female millionaire in the US and she was a black woman, so the odds against her success were unbelievable. It was a good story.

I've been watching - Once Upon a Time on Netflix
    My Blog

*Speak Kind Words - Hear Kind Echos*

Pluto TV has added a Star Trek channel and I've been watching a lot of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

I tried American Son on Netflix, but 10 minutes in found it tedious. It is about an interracial couple whose teenage son is picked up by the police. I was distracted by the Set which was one of those art deco police stations. It was very interesting, plain Jane though it was.

Anyway, the whole 10 minutes was full of stagey dialogue and I figured out oh OK this is based on a play right? And yeah it was after I looked into it. I don’t like films based on stage plays unless the new work is truly cinematic. This was not.

I was relieved to see that it got brutal reviews because I was wondering if I was just not woke enough to appreciate the subject matter. But no, the subject matter was poorly presented.

We are watching Bosch. My husband loves it, I'm less entranced. But we are up to Season 6, and thank God, it will soon be over.

We're watching the new Perry Mason on HBO. It's set 20 or so years before the old tv drama and it's dark, gritty and GOOD! I was expecting to not like it but now we're 6 episodes in and I'm anxious to see more.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    We're watching the new Perry Mason on HBO. It's set 20 or so years before the old tv drama and it's dark, gritty and GOOD! I was expecting to not like it but now we're 6 episodes in and I'm anxious to see more.
    thanks for the reccomendation; we will check this out post Bosch.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Matthew Rhys is a force to be reckoned with when given good material. I haven’t watch this yet because I dropped my HBO subscription, but in the winter I’ll pick it back up again. We want to watch The Watchmen then.

Oops I didn't see it was on HBO, so we can't watch that. I need shows for Netflix and Prime.

Thread Information