Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: What movies are you watching in 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I just got done listening to a podcast on “ Snap Judgement” Recorded a couple years ago where all these wives talk about their journey out of Mormon fundamentalism.Was very good
    They seem a lot more thoughtful than the other polygamy families on television.

I'm troubled by the underlying theme in these shows that the women are kind of graded and seen as "the whiny one" or "the heavy one" like he is such a prize, and he is the one they seem to compete for, and this is okay. It feels so off to me.

I also am not okay with these huge planned families needing public assistance. Programs are for people that find themselves in a bind not ones planning a ton of kids they can’t afford.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I'm troubled by the underlying theme in these shows that the women are kind of graded and seen as "the whiny one" or "the heavy one" like he is such a prize, and he is the one they seem to compete for, and this is okay. It feels so off to me.
    well it is a dumb Reality show that is edited for people with pea sized brains to enjoy. I watch them! There must be conflict, a good guy, a bad guy, something very pretty or ugly to look at. I know exactly why people got hooked on soap operas decades ago because they had a very simple formula like these reality show: conflicts in love, lying, pregnancy/births, weddings, sickness.

I don’t think there’s much question that there’s a whole lot of editing going on to create these “story lines.”

That said, it surprised me how whiny Robyn was in the podcast. Honestly, she sounds like she’s always close to crying. Give the girl some drugs!

I watched a old movie last night with Marlon Brando playing the part of Emiliano Zapata. The movie is called Viva Zapata and it's one of my favorites. It's about the Mexican Revolution of 1910.

ZAPATA.jpg

Thread Information