Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What movies are you watching in 2020?

Loved knives out. Also loved 1917.

I loved Knives Out, too. It was way better than I expected it to be.

Went to see Little Women last night. It was a sweet story. Meryl Streep was a character as the acerbic aunt with money. Is it just me with hearing aids which are new or is the diction and speech getting sloppy and hard to hear? i always understand Christopher Plummer and Meryl as examples but actors seem to be mumbling a lot more.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Went to see Little Women last night. It was a sweet story. Meryl Streep was a character as the acerbic aunt with money. Is it just me with hearing aids which are new or is the diction and speech getting sloppy and hard to hear? i always understand Christopher Plummer and Meryl as examples but actors seem to be mumbling a lot more.
    I did not have trouble hearing characters in this movie but I have in some others. My problem with these characters’ speech was when they all broke out in their native accent at some point. One girl is Australian and the other girls are British. The Harry Potter girl was the worst, but I think most agree she is the weaker of the actresses.

I felt that Streep was trying a bit hard to be a dottering old lady...hence the mumbling perhaps. #notafan
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I was on the fence, but a mumbling Meryl Streep might be something I could pass on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I was on the fence, but a mumbling Meryl Streep might be something I could pass on.
    She didn't have too much screen time---I wouldn't not see it because of her.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

We saw Uncut Gems tonight. Hmmm, not my kind of film. New Yorkers all screaming at each other simultaneously for 135 minutes is how I would characterize this movie.

I guess Adam Sandler did a good job, I mean, he convinced me he *was* poor Howard. I don’t know who would want to be Howard, though.

The sets were true to life I guess. Ugly places. Cheap places. Cheap, ugly clothes.

I'm coming clean: Saw Cats Friday night at the 2nd run theater and I liked it! There! I've said it!
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    I'm coming clean: Saw Cats Friday night at the 2nd run theater and I liked it! There! I've said it!
    I am sad for you.

Thread Information