Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 17 States Increasing Minimum Wage 1/1/2020

Not in Nevada.

The variety of state minimum wage laws for tipped employees can be seen at http://www.dol.gov/agencies/whd/stat...um-wage/tipped

In 7 states the minimum wage is payable to tipped workers without a "tip credit" and reduction of the cash hourly wage: Nevada, Alaska, California, Minnesota, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    In Nevada many of the minimum wage workers get tips. For instance the cocktail waitresses and bartenders make good money. So the statistics would be misleading.
    I often debated moving to Las Vegas and working f and b when I was younger due to this very reason. The only reason I didn't is several people that had done this before and left Vegas told me that I was too decent of a person to survive Vegas, that I'd get eaten alive there. The few people I have run into in the f and b biz from Vegas seemed to me to confirm this take so I stayed away. Rob

My DIL makes really good money in Reno as a cocktail waitress working days.

Yppej
    I heard about more exceptions to my state's $12.75 minimum wage law today on the radio. Agricultural workers have a minimum of $8.00 per hour and there is no minimum for outside salespeople or those in certain paid training programs.

If the agricultural wage were $12.75 I bet we wouldn't have to bring in migrant farmworkers from Jamaica. Americans would do the work.

Thread Information