$12.00 AZ, CO, ME
    $11.00 CT, MD, NJ
    $10.00 AR, MN
    $9.65 MI
    $9.45 MO
    $9.30 SD
    $9.25 DE, IL
    $9.00 NM

Some cities are setting minimum wage ordinances that are higher than the state minimum wage.

Meanwhile the movement for a living wage continues... for example http://fightfor15.org

So?

Do you have some personal comments to make about this? Otherwise it seems to me that you are dropping a random news item, one of potential thousands, onto this website. Why did you choose this news story to highlight? Does it have personal significance to you?

I do not consider the Simple Living Network to be a source of general news. But, if we wish to make it that, should we all be dropping links to news stories of the day?

Yppej
    A rising minimum wage is good news for me. In a tight labor market it puts pressure on employers to give annual increases to others making more than the minimum.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Chiming in from Arizona and a lower income zip code. It's wonderful to me that Arizona, of all places , has emerged as a bit of a leader on this issue. It's like I said once before here - one reason I stay here beyond my incredibly cheap housing deal is that Arizona is endlessly politically interesting. It can be extremely liberal out of nowhere here - such as on this issue, and then BOOM - just as quickly, back to the regularly scheduled Conservative programming. And then yet liberal again out of nowhere at some future point down the road. Rob

Yppej
    I remember in 2016 people being shocked that Bernie Sanders held rallies in places like Arkansas, but look at them go on the list! Michigan is there too. I hope the Democrats don't settle for a timid business as usual nominee with no vision for working America.

I wish Nevada was raising their’s. It’s very expensive here in comparison to wages.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    So?

Do you have some personal comments to make about this? Otherwise it seems to me that you are dropping a random news item, one of potential thousands, onto this website. Why did you choose this news story to highlight? Does it have personal significance to you?

I do not consider the Simple Living Network to be a source of general news. But, if we wish to make it that, should we all be dropping links to news stories of the day?
    Given that per IRS statistics (meaning that the US Government is ACTUALLY fessing up to this), fully half of all US workers make less than 30K a year. In a country with rapidly rising prices and in which human life is not worth socialized medicine and in which the current dominant political party could care less of the consequences/fallout of either of these two facts, I'd say rises in minimum wage across scattered US states are not only a HUGE DEAL but front page news for the entire year, perhaps even eclipsing Election 2020's results. Yes, this matters that much to that many people in the America I live in. I do get though that in your America, YMMV, and it has to right to do so - I also get that. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    A rising minimum wage is good news for me. In a tight labor market it puts pressure on employers to give annual increases to others making more than the minimum.
    Jep: It did exactly that for my DH. He has a part time job on the lower end of the earnings scale, and he recently got a significant raise since apparently they want to keep them above the minimum. His dept does have trouble attracting and retaining good workers. It's kind of a fun job but doesn't pay much. That's not really a problem for us, but certainly would be for a lot of people.

Where people have more disposable income (and with the poor and lower middle class, it's all disposable), they will spend most or all of it, thus strengthening the economy.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    So?

Yes. If relevant. This is.

Thread Information