Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scale of one to ten....

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar

Scale of one to ten....

How much are you dreading Election 2020? Count me as a 9.

How much are you able to tune out the three ring circus of the election process? Color me a 2 - on a good day. Need to work on this! Rob

Yppej
    Dreading - 0. Tuning out - 0. I have heard 11 candidates speak so far. My oversize election maps are ready for coloring in, one for the Democratic primary and one for the general election. I do not expect any Republican primary action. The boss approved the day after election day for vacation so I can stay up late and watch the returns. Bring it on!

After the debacle last time I am dreading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    After the debacle last time I am dreading it.
    Same here, TT....same here. I'm guessing it's going to be Trump vs. whoever secures the Democratic nomination....and we as a nation witnessed Trump's behavior during the elections last time around. Why would anyone believe 2020 would be any different? I personaly am really dreading Election 2020. Rob

Last time I stayed up and watched the disaster not believing it. Maybe this time I will drink wine, go to bed and be surprised in the morning)

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Last time I stayed up and watched the disaster not believing it. Maybe this time I will drink wine, go to bed and be surprised in the morning)
    Sounds like a plan to me! I hope to wake up and either hear that Elizabeth Warren or Mayor Pete won, we'll see. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    How much are you dreading Election 2020?
    Dreading? No. 0. I can't influence it one way or the other here, and I refuse to let these folks have rent-free places in my brain.

How much are you able to tune out the three ring circus of the election process?
    It's trivial to tune out here if I choose, but I also some days feel like watching a circus. They need more clowns in the car though. And popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Dreading? No. 0. I can't influence it one way or the other here, and I refuse to let these folks have rent-free places in my brain.

It's trivial to tune out here if I choose, but I also some days feel like watching a circus. They need more clowns in the car though. And popcorn.
    I like your take on both, Bae. I'm not equal to your takes, but I do like them. Rob

How much are you dreading Election 2020?
    10. The amount of anger and hatred generated during and since the last election has been over-whelming, and - since I, personally, believe it will get worse - it is frightening.

How much are you able to tune out the three ring circus of the election process?
    I'm not able to tune out as much as I would like as I live with someone consumed with what is happening in the political arena right now.

I pray alot.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I don't really give it too much thought. I imagine that will change as it gets closer.

Thread Information