Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Anyone else here just not down with Biden as the Dem 2020 Candidate?

  1. #1
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,561

    Anyone else here just not down with Biden as the Dem 2020 Candidate?

    I've tried and tried and I just personally can not see Biden as a viable Democratic candidate against Trump. To me, I'm afraid of another Hillary/Trump type of election, with similar rhetoric minus certain issues (due to the fact that both Biden and Trump are male is what I am getting at here). Just nasty and I'm really not sure Biden is capable of holding his own against intense attacks of the caliber Trump will be dishing out (likely Trump will be the GOP candidate, can anyone realistically see the Senate impeaching him for real? I can't - the rule of law doesn't apply to individuals of Trump's status/net worth in America).

    But I digress. Do any other DEMS or independents or shoot, even Conservatives hope it's NOT Biden that snags the Democratic Nomination? Rob

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,549
    I hope it is someone else. Biden is dishonest and will do anything to win. In the past he plagiarized others' work to the point of even claiming his family worked in the coal mines when they did not. We need someone with integrity not Trump lite.

  3. #3
    Senior Member catherine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    10,855
    I agree. If Trump was able to beat up Hillary on the basis of Benghazi and the Email-gate, what would he do with Biden?? If Bush's campaign could make KERRY out to be the unpatriotic one with the Swift Boat thing, when BUSH was a draft-dodger and Kerry actually served, anything can and will happen to demonize Biden. Of course, all Dems are vulnerable, but Biden definitely has some baggage to be leveraged.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

  4. #4
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,561
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I agree. If Trump was able to beat up Hillary on the basis of Benghazi and the Email-gate, what would he do with Biden?? If Bush's campaign could make KERRY out to be the unpatriotic one with the Swift Boat thing, when BUSH was a draft-dodger and Kerry actually served, anything can and will happen to demonize Biden. Of course, all Dems are vulnerable, but Biden definitely has some baggage to be leveraged.
    What amazes me, Catherine, is that Trump himself shares something with his former opponent Hillary Clinton: They both carry with them enough baggage to sink the Titanic. But somehow Trump is able to spin his baggage away, and enough American voters let him get away with this to their detriment. Sometimes I get riled up at American voters more than I do at Trump.....for being responsible to voting in this monster. Rob

  5. #5
    Senior Member catherine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    10,855
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    What amazes me, Catherine, is that Trump himself shares something with his former opponent Hillary Clinton: They both carry with them enough baggage to sink the Titanic. But somehow Trump is able to spin his baggage away, and enough American voters let him get away with this to their detriment. Sometimes I get riled up at American voters more than I do at Trump.....for being responsible to voting in this monster. Rob
    True, but Biden lacks the ability and the charisma to generate a cult following. That's the difference. My DH is going to vote for Trump again, probably (unless Bernie gets the Democratic nomination, which he won't but he should--he got 5 million individual donations in Q4, out-earning all the other Democratic candidates). DH believes that Trump is doing a great job, even though he admits he's a jerk. He believes you can be an a$$ and still be a good president. I think a lot of people feel that way.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I hope it is someone else. Biden is dishonest and will do anything to win. In the past he plagiarized others' work to the point of even claiming his family worked in the coal mines when they did not. We need someone with integrity not Trump lite.
    Part of me would welcome a Trump/Biden contest. It would be a titanic battle between two of Americaís most prodigious prevaricaters. Possibly just the emetic we need to purge our system of the worst excesses.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Teacher Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    9,964
    I worry about any of the Democrats being able to beat Trump. I do think certain things work against candidates such as being female, gay, etc. Not everyone is open minded. The whole thing is incredibly depressing. When a Republican has won in the past that I didn’t like I stayed open to the possibility that I would change my mind. This thing inhabiting the White House doesn’t have one redeeming quality.

  8. #8
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I worry about any of the Democrats being able to beat Trump. I do think certain things work against candidates such as being female, gay, etc. Not everyone is open minded. The whole thing is incredibly depressing. When a Republican has won in the past that I didn’t like I stayed open to the possibility that I would change my mind. This thing inhabiting the White House doesn’t have one redeeming quality.
    He did sign the bill to make animal cruelty a Federal felony. I am grateful for that. But Hillary would have done the same ....and I agree with your referring to Trump as "this thing." Rob

  9. #9
    Simpleton Alan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    7,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    This thing inhabiting the White House doesn’t have one redeeming quality.
    Sure he does, he brings out the very worst in Democrats and that's always entertaining.

    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    ....and I agree with your referring to Trump as "this thing." Rob
    See?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

  10. #10
    Senior Member Teacher Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    9,964
    Rob, you are correct the animal bill was good.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •