Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else here just not down with Biden as the Dem 2020 Candidate?

I would think it’s easier to prosecute crimes federally when you have people doing illegal activities with animals and transporting them across state lines. Otherwise each state would have a different law for the same crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I wish Biden had run last time. The last 4 years has not been kind to his mind and sharpness. I won’t even dignify the animal question with a answer. Until we shut down puppymills nationwide not a lot will change.
    I’ll dignify your response with an answer. That’s the kind of guy I am.

I once read that in the beginning the only federal crimes were treason, counterfeiting and piracy. Basic sovereignty resided with the states for most purposes. I think it’s an intelligent practice to question any new encroachment of federal power over local governance.

I don’t think you need to be pro-cruelty to question the role of the federal government in that particular area.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I don’t think you need to be pro-cruelty to question the role of the federal government in that particular area.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wickard_v._Filburn

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I would think it’s easier to prosecute crimes federally when you have people doing illegal activities with animals and transporting them across state lines. Otherwise each state would have a different law for the same crimes.
    Well then don't you think we should just do away with states and give the federal government total rule? Shouldn't the feds decide how much an hour of worker time in Pascagoula MS is worth and then force all employers everywhere to match it? Shouldn't they decide the property tax rates in every little burg to ensure everyone is paying enough? Shouldn't the Dept of Education replace school boards everywhere to ensure proper indoctrination during our children's crucial and most influential years? Shouldn't HUD replace zoning boards across the land to make sure no one has too much house?

We're already getting pretty close to letting the feds control every aspect of our health care so it's not much of a leap to grant them total authority over the means of production and output as well as what markets are allowed to exist and which must be banned (for the public good of course). I guess the question is, do you really think it's a good idea to allow all that?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I understand that at the time someone said something to the effect that freedom can be lost one grain at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I understand that at the time someone said something to the effect that freedom can be lost one grain at a time.
    By the reasoning in that case, I could be interfering with interstate commerce if I sing my kid a lullaby, instead of letting Disney do it. And thus my off-key efforts subject to federal regulation (which, considering, might be a blessing for all concerned...).

Freedom!

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    Biden excites noone, I have literally not seen a single Biden bumper sticker, lawn sign, t-shirt, seen a single Biden debate viewing party listed in local events, seen a single Biden group tabling anywhere (like the farmers market), nor met a single Biden supporter in real life. Should I count old Obama/Biden stickers from way back when, as those hidden but claimed to actually exist Biden supporters?

Yang has stickers and lawn signs out there (the lawn signs were in neighborhoods that can't possible need the 1k, the cars maybe could). I've even heard people volunteering for Tom Snyder though he has minimal chance having entered so late. High schoolers/college students are holding homemade signs on street corners for Bernie, noone doubts the enthusiasm is there. This is how much of a non-entity the "front runner" is, that noone seems to actually want him.

And he doesn't seem that sharp or sometimes even all there either (I'd blame age, but then maybe he never was).
    Who is Snyder?

I have been traveling through New Hampshire and seen signs for Yang, Buttigieg, Gabbard, Warren, Sanders, Biden and Trump, not listed in any particular order. There is a Steyer but I have not seen signs for him.

Yea Steyer, not a ton of interest but I know someone campaigning for him, which is more than I've heard for Biden. Noone here seems to be supporting Gabbard, only Biden is a "front runner" and also seems to have no real support. Like literally not a single bumper sticker.
    Trees don't grow on money

Well then don't you think we should just do away with states and give the federal government total rule?
    if you want that vote for Trump. Remember it's Trump who fights CA on it's clean air standards written into the Clean Air Act.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    if you want that vote for Trump.
    Actually, the correct answer would be "I"ll take vote Democratic for the whole enchilada Alex".
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thread Information