Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else here just not down with Biden as the Dem 2020 Candidate?

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Who is Snyder?

I have been traveling through New Hampshire and seen signs for Yang, Buttigieg, Gabbard, Warren, Sanders, Biden and Trump, not listed in any particular order. There is a Steyer but I have not seen signs for him.
    This is way way way off topic, please forgive me. Did you by any chance pass through Sandown, NH? That is where I started out in life and I've been thinking about Sandown recently. Rob

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    True, but Biden lacks the ability and the charisma to generate a cult following. That's the difference. My DH is going to vote for Trump again, probably (unless Bernie gets the Democratic nomination, which he won't but he should--he got 5 million individual donations in Q4, out-earning all the other Democratic candidates). DH believes that Trump is doing a great job, even though he admits he's a jerk. He believes you can be an a$$ and still be a good president. I think a lot of people feel that way.
    Catherine, Thank You for your explanation. I believe you are right - Biden is not capable of generating a cult following nor stirring up such a high level of interest. Trump, regardless of what I think of him, does have die hard fanatical suppporters. Who would not question any move he made. Scary. But to the point - Biden is not going to inspire support anywhere near that level. I as an uberliberal on thus board would rather that the nomination went elsewhere. Rob

Sorry Rob, I have not.

Biden sent us some lovely stickers. Not sure where we'll put them, perhaps on the inside of one of our kitchen cabinet doors or some other semi-secluded place so that someone will discover them years from now and be curious...

Apologies that they're upside down. Apparently the forum software feels similar to me in regards to his campaign.

biden.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Biden sent us some lovely stickers. Not sure where we'll put them, perhaps on the inside of one of our kitchen cabinet doors or some other semi-secluded place so that someone will discover them years from now and be curious...

Apologies that they're upside down. Apparently the forum software feels similar to me in regards to his campaign.

biden.jpg

It is good to know one Biden supporter, they are not all unaccounted for ghosts. Dis you send him money Jp?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    It is good to know one Biden supporter, they are not all unaccounted for ghosts. Dis you send him money Jp?
    I didn't but SO did. Early on in this election cycle he was a big supporter of "vote blue, no matter who" and gave all the candidates $25 apiece. He has since narrowed his funding down to the three candidates remaining that he would actually be excited about. Joe didn't make the cut. But he likes the "joe cool" sticker (the one with joe in his sunglasses) enough to take it to work and put up in his office somewhere. The rest will become hidden time capsules in random places in our apartment.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    yes, maybe it is the ďinterstateĒ aspect that is key, I dont know.

Ēpuppy millsĒ are entirely legal in our state. This law wont change that.
    Not entirely:
    "Puppy breeder, kennel shut down by St. Charles County for unsafe conditions, 170 dogs removed"

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...2b6e0c1d2.html

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Not entirely:
    "Puppy breeder, kennel shut down by St. Charles County for unsafe conditions, 170 dogs removed"

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...2b6e0c1d2.html
    Thatís like saying restaurants are not entirely legal because one got shut down for health code violations.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    That’s like saying restaurants are not entirely legal because one got shut down for health code violations.
    And....

What is not following laws called? (health codes are written into them, here)

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    And....

What is not following laws called? (health codes are written into them, here)
    ILís point was that puppy mills are legal in her state. Trying to say that isnít the case by pointing out one instance of law violation is like saying public education isnít entirely legitimate due to the actions of a few abusive teachers.

The fact remains that puppy mills are legal in that state, the people and their elected representatives having assented to their (regulated) existence. We can hand the central government the power to override a greater range of local decisions because we donít like what they decided in any particular instance, but if we do it enough we may as well give up on the idea of federalism.

Thread Information