Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Honor Lost about an honor killing in Jordan
    That was later exposed as a hoax or at least it seems to be. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    That was later exposed as a hugs, or at least it seems to be. What do you think?
    Huh?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Huh?
    hoax! I corrected it

Yppej
    Thank you for telling me IL. It is part narrative and part preaching against Jordanian society. It is not the best or the worst written book.

To Shake The Sleeping Self by Jedidiah Jenkins (son of Peter Jenkins, author of A Walk Across America). It's about a bicycle trip from Oregon to Patagonia, and about finding the things that are important to you.

Just finished kim by rudyard kipling.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Just finished kim by rudyard kipling.
    Love Rudyard Kipling. Don't say "Gunga Din" to my DH--otherwise you're going to get an unsolicited performance, fine-tuned over decades of performances at parties, restaurants and bars.

ETA: I actually came to this forum to report on my latest book I'm reading by another Scotsman (via Canadian ancestry): I'm early into The Affluent Society by John Kenneth Galbraith. Pretty awesome so far.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yppej
    The Botany of Desire by Michael Pollan. After that I am out of books. I made an account and checked out my library's e-books but nothing that interests me is available now. I put holds on two items.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    The Botany of Desire by Michael Pollan. After that I am out of books. I made an account and checked out my library's e-books but nothing that interests me is available now. I put holds on two items.
    I'm reading Second Nature by Michael Pollan! (book-toggling. Does anyone else do that?). It's OK.. Hoping to get past all the memoir/early childhood stuff. How was Botany of Desire?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yppej
    Catherine it's so-so.

Thread Information