Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading 2020?

Yppej
    The Fate of Africa about its emergence from the colonial era. At 688 pages it is keeping me occupied when it is too hot to go outside.

Geila
    Ack. I'm in a reading funk. Beautiful Ruins, which started out so promising, became so boring that I started skipping whole chapters and then just went straight to the end and got the recap. Felt zero interest in reading any of the skipped sections even after the recap. In fact, was glad I didn't waste any more of my time. I find it very hard to read about characters I don't like and I only really liked one character in this book and he was mostly ignored throughout the whole thing. Sigh. Maybe I just need a break from books.

Messages, by Bonnie McAneaney. Its subtitle is Signs, Visits, and Premonitions from Loved Ones Lost on 9/11

My Social Media for Seniors by Michael Miller. I thought it was a great overview and learned a few things. BTW... Simple Living Forum is mentioned!!

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    My Social Media for Seniors by Michael Miller. I thought it was a great overview and learned a few things. BTW... Simple Living Forum is mentioned!!
    Wow, that's cool! Did they mention it in a positive way, or a "curmudgeon forum" way?
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Wow, that's cool! Did they mention it in a positive way, or a "curmudgeon forum" way?
    Gave lists of different forums.... all were listed in a positive light.

Jefferson's Daughters, by Catherine Kerrison.

Into the Sun? Off on a Comet! Jules Verne
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

My question--- Those who tell of the book they are reading/or read but do not put any other information... is this a positive recommendation to read???

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    My question--- Those who tell of the book they are reading/or read but do not put any other information... is this a positive recommendation to read???
    I've read a few pages of the Jefferson book. It seems worthy, it comes well-recommended.
    Messages was an easy read, and thought-provoking, but didn't surprise me.

Thread Information