Hellhound on His Trail from the American South
    In the Time of Butterflies, the DR
    The Death of Vishnu, also from India
    Race Matters by Cornel West
    Room by Canadian Emma Donoghue
    Assassination Vacation, US

The Girl With the Louding Voice.

Kate Mulgrew's memoir How to Forget.

Just finished Joanna Trollope's An Unsuitable Match. IL, if you have not read Joanna Trollope, you must, right up your alley.

Beyond reading - recently I finished Hillbilly Elegy by J.D. Vance and Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson. I find myself doing YouTube searches on the authors, listening to their
    lectures, commentary, etc. Today I went and saw Just Mercy at the theater. Often sit at the computer desk and while reading I'll pull up maps, search definitions, search people in the books, etc. The book literally takes over my life - I am totally engrossed in it.

Anyone else interested in beyond the pages of the book? Or like to relax and just read! :-)

Geila
    Just finished The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty, the author of Big Little Lies. I liked it.

Finding "The Gratitude Diaries" by Janice Kaplan very interesting but enjoyable reading. I am going to try her suggestions about bringing more gratitude into my life. I thought I was doing well but she has added further aspects.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Geila
    Just started reading Circe by Madeline Miller and realized that it's a sequel to The Song of Achilles. Since I'm enjoying Circe, I ordered the other book but it looks like I'll be reading them backwards.

The Empath's Survival Guide

I picked a book out of my bookcase to re-read the other day. I've had it since 1972. I remember looking at it every day on the local news store's book rack, and I was really creeped out by the cover and the description, but in a good way, because I was a creepy kid. I finally came up with the 95 cents and bought it. It was fun to read again and I had pretty well forgotten the story line, so it didn't feel repetitious. I guess they also made a TV movie out of it.
    Crawlspace.jpg

Thread Information