Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading 2020?

SM: I did read that one, but it was long enough ago that I can't remember much about it. I am a Wharton fan, not only of her books, but I love her home in the Berkshires and have visited a few times.
    I'm currently reading Less by Andrew Sean Greer, which won a Pulitzer. I am slowly warming to it, but it hasn't really grabbed me yet. The rave reviews are passionate enough to persuade me to give it time. Will report back.

rosarugosa I was reading up on her last night after I downloaded the book. Wow, what an incredible, fascinating life.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    Today I'll be starting The Buccaneers by Edith Wharton. You know.... something light.
    There was a fabulous version on Masterpiece Theater sometime in the early 90s. Loved it.

Yppej
    I tired of Yang's statistics and have moved on to Mary Pipher's Women Rowing North.

I don;t know what that is, but I listened to the rowing book about the Olympic team that went to Hitler's Olympics and it's wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I don;t know what that is, but I listened to the rowing book about the Olympic team that went to Hitler's Olympics and it's wonderful.
    Tybee: I read the book and loved it. Not something I would ever have expected to like so much, but it was a great story and so well-written.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Read the fabulous “shell seekers” from recommendations here. Really loved it. My book club all raved about it.

neighbor lent me “An invisible thread” which I really liked. It explains the desperate world some kids grow up in.

upcoming reads from my book club “Clara and Mr. Tiffany” (Vreeland) , “City of Girls” (Elizabeth Gilbert) and “Still life” (Louise Penny). We read a combo of old and new books. Just started Tiffany and the first few pages sound very familiar. I must have read it in the past. We planned on a field trip this month to the Morse museum in Winter Park which is all about Tiffany but obviously those plans were scrapped.

Just finished listening to Amy, My Search for Her Killer, read by the author--a true crime tome about the abduction and death of Amy Mihaljevik. Now I'm back to mysteries with cats, for balance.

Yppej
    Just started Prairie Fires about Laura Ingalls Wilder.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    There was a fabulous version on Masterpiece Theater sometime in the early 90s. Loved it.
    I know! I love that PBS show as well.

Thread Information