Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg44 View Post
    Just finished today, "A Man Called Ove" by Fredrik Backman. I found it a good read. I can totally relate to the main character's grumpiness! Yet in his own way Ove was full love and compassion. I am looking forward to reading more of Fredrik Backman's books. Of those who have read his books, which would you recommend to read next?

Also am reading Fiber Fueled by Dr. Will Bulsiewicz MD (gastroenterologist) MSCI (Master in Science Clinical Investigation). The gut controls the body and how to support the beneficial critters that live there. Talks about eating a variety of plants - minimum of 30 different plants a week. I have listened to several of his podcasts and he is an interesting guy. Very down to earth - just give me the facts. He changed his diet after putting on 50 lbs in medical school and now fit and healthy. Practices what he preaches.
    Gregg: I loved Ove and I also enjoyed Britt-Marie. I really liked Beartown. Beartown was much darker but a good read.

I just finished "The Chain" by Adrian McKinty. What a great read! Deliciously evil and so hard to put down. Pure entertainment of the darker thriller type. Very likable, flawed, all-too-human characters. I think it would make a good movie.

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I just finished "The Chain" by Adrian McKinty. What a great read! Deliciously evil and so hard to put down. Pure entertainment of the darker thriller type. Very likable, flawed, all-too-human characters. I think it would make a good movie.
    "The Chain" and "A Man Called Ove" both sound good. Thanks for the recommend.

I just finished "Queen Bee" by Dorothea Benton Frank and enjoyed it quite a bit. Was saddened to find out the author just died last year. But she was very prolific, so I have lots of her old work to check out. Just started "The Book of Lost Friends" by Lisa Wingate. Pretty good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Geila View Post
    "The Chain" and "A Man Called Ove" both sound good. Thanks for the recommend.

I just finished "Queen Bee" by Dorothea Benton Frank and enjoyed it quite a bit. Was saddened to find out the author just died last year. But she was very prolific, so I have lots of her old work to check out. Just started "The Book of Lost Friends" by Lisa Wingate. Pretty good so far.
    After reading another thread, I should probably mention that "The Chain" is the stuff of nightmares, especially for parents.

Geila
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    After reading another thread, I should probably mention that "The Chain" is the stuff of nightmares, especially for parents.
    Noted. Thanks!

Yppej
    One Small Boat by a foster mother

Currently reading "Act Like A Lady - Think Like A Man" by Steve Harvey. I'm trying to declutter some of my books, but feel the need to actually read them first.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

A cozy mystery series. About all I can handle about now.

Geila
    Sad book on hold. Now on Beautiful Ruins by Jess Walter. I'm enjoying it. It's funny and interesting.

Now I am on the other end of the darkness/lightness spectrum with "Lessons from Lucy: The Simple Joys of an Old, Happy Dog" by Dave Barry. It's funny, enjoyable and wise.

Thread Information