Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    Anyone (re)reading The Stand by Stephen King?
    No, but thanks for the suggestion, I just might! I do have a pile of books waiting to be read though, probably about 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Oh, I love James Herriott! So my son and my father--so that's three generations of us. A wonderful author, and great a good thing to read during troubled times.

Greg, if you have not read My Family and Other Animals, by Gerald Durrell, you might want to check it out.
    Thanks for the suggestion. James has such a great way of describing his patients and their owners! Cracks me up.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I just finished "A Simple Plan" by Scott Smith. It's not a new book (1993) and it was made into a movie, so folks may already be familiar with it. I cannot recommend it highly enough, so hard to put down, what will happen next, the choices, the implications - I was actually a bit stressed out reading it, but in a good way, because it certainly wasn't my life! For a plot synopsis, I'll just say it starts out with some guys finding a small crashed plane with a large quantity of money in it . . .
    Earlier this year I read "The Ruins" by the same author. I thought it was great in a nihilistic, bleak, and horrific way. It was a horror novel so it did it's job and did it well. I find it interesting that he has not published any other novels, because he is so talented.
    On your recommendation I brought ďA Simple PlanĒ with me on vacation. About 3/4 through it. It is certainly a page turner! And I agree, stressful, like a slow motion train wreck from which one just canít look away.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    On your recommendation I brought “A Simple Plan” with me on vacation. About 3/4 through it. It is certainly a page turner! And I agree, stressful, like a slow motion train wreck from which one just can’t look away.
    I'm glad you are enjoying it!

A bunch of nonfiction, the best of which is The Girl in the Green Sweater, a Holocaust survival story

Catch and Kill, by Ronan Farrow, an investigation into Harvey Weinstein.

I've started the Miss Read Fairacre series. Very cozy, English countryside type books. Very enjoyable for right now.

Breaking Night, by Liz Murray, one of those overcoming adversity books. I've read about 10%; not sure how much more I'll slog through.

In the Shadow of Man by Jane Goodall

My choices aren't so cerebral.

Everything by Joe Abercrombie.

The Meditations by Marcus Aurelius (working on self discipline for weight lifting)

I've been interested in anthropology, so Im trying to get a college syllabus? Text books? for that subject. Being out of work is going to put that off, it doesnt look cheap.

Oh, rereading all of Edgar Rice Buroughs, on audiobook.

My town library closed, and that sucks.

Thread Information