Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you reading 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    The library here just started Hoopla Digital... has books, movies and soundtracks... there is no waiting. They did not advertise it. I checked the library website to find out about it.
    I get eBooks on Hoopla. Like it so far.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I get library ebooks if there is a newly-released title I want or if the Kindle price is prohibitive i.e. more than a couple of dollars. You might try looking for ebooks that are free (Project Gutenberg), https://www.free-ebooks.net/ or cheap BookBub.com, and others.
    Thank you. I will check it out this weekend.

Not really reading, but I've been listening to audiobooks to drown out the wall-to-wall news my DH consumes. And I love listening while out on my walks. I just finished"The Wonder," by Emma Donaghue, and have now started "Olive, Again," by Elizabeth Strout. I read "Olive Kitteredge" many years ago and loved it; this is a sequel.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Welcome, Brady!
    Thanks! Looking forward to participating and learning from everyone here. It seems like a pretty cool forum, and with everything going on simplifying is something I've been prioritizing. Still working out how to use the forum, so I apologize if my formatting of posts/replies is off at first.

Just started Anthony Doerr's All the Light We Cannot See, while I have just started it, I like his style of writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg44 View Post
    Just started Anthony Doerr's All the Light We Cannot See, while I have just started it, I like his style of writing.
    That was a really good one, Gregg. I hope you continue to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    That was a really good one, Gregg. I hope you continue to enjoy it.
    I jave dipped into that twice. I am waiting to get my head adjusted to read it.

meanwhile, I am reading a bio of Oliver Sacks and a novel Keeper of Lost Things.

Yppej
    I am reading my first ebook ever, The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coates. The work is fine so far, but oh boy do I dislike the format. I don't have a Kindle so when I select download it sticks it not into a Chrome window like I would have thought, but into my e-mail. I then either can't access the rest of my email or have to get out of the book, then when I want to read it again get back into the app and download it again. There are no pages, and I dislike not knowing how far along I am. If I want to finish a chapter, or an entire part, I don't have a sense of how much time to allocate to that. I also get screen time all day at work so more at home is not inviting.

I asked my library if I got a positive antibody test and couldn't make anyone sick could I borrow conventional books and they said no, although other libraries are at least doing curbside pickup. I have been a member of Friends of the Library in the past. That definitely will stay in the past now.

Yeppy... did you ask if this was unique to you (or the book you are reading) or the regular format? I read ebooks on my ipad and it works very well.

You can download the kindle app. It will save your place in the book and keep it downloaded.

Thread Information