Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: January declutter challenges!

Yppej
    Another Christmas gift I did not like and a worn out coaster. I got new coasters for Christmas that I do like.

klunick
    Two great finds and I didn't even have to declutter anything. Just looked in places I rarely do. Found an old laptop that had been passed down from oldest son to youngest son that never got used. It is now mine! I also found the log holder that goes with my fireplace set in the garage while trying to hook the laptop up to our internet. It was one the ground at the front of the garage which I never go to because everything I need is at the back of the garage.

1 small calculator that stopped working
    1 budget notebook with broken cover, replaced with spare
    2 prs socks
    1 pr sunglasses
    another old planter

new tota: 32

Yppej
    A Tupperware lid that I cannot get clean.

Furniture adjustment #2: we rented a van for the weekend. The French bakers table DH had used for hobby space is being consigned. The low dresser we’re buying is going in its place. So.. tomorrow we load up the table, take it to the shop, pay for the dresser, leave the bakers table and then put the dresser in place at home. The table won’t yield enough $ to pay for the table, but it will help. The drawer space will be welcome, concealed storage is always a plus. Also we’ll work on the storage unit, bringing a slug home, I think. More progress!

2 cool planters but I bought 4 things yesterday so need to let go of four old things
    2 fiesta ware plates, same rationale

(break even, don't count)

mason jar
    5 mailers
    2 planners I bought and dont like
    mini address book ditto

new total: 41

Yppej
    I received beautiful new pots and pans for Christmas and put them where I used to put decorative glass jars of food. (The cupboard doors are long broken off/missing on that cabinet). So now I have who knows how many years old dried beans, dried lentils, oatmeal and popcorn to be popped. Would you still eat these foodstuffs?

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I received beautiful new pots and pans for Christmas and put them where I used to put decorative glass jars of food. (The cupboard doors are long broken off/missing on that cabinet). So now I have who knows how many years old dried beans, dried lentils, oatmeal and popcorn to be popped. Would you still eat these foodstuffs?
    Don't know if those items are like Twinkies and can survive for decades and still just as delicious but I'd check for expiration dates and use that as a guide.

Yppej
    I poured them out of the original packaging years ago to put them in the glass jars, no expiration dates available. IL may know the answer.

klunick
    All husband's stuff as I have very little to go through anymore since my massive purge on Christmas break. I do need to do one more sweep of my t-shirts and get rid of some more coffee mugs but it's not a priority right now.

Today's purge..

7 dress shirts
    1 leather coat with 5 lbs of dust on it but with the tags still attached
    4 dress pants
    1 raincoat (known husband 23 years and never seen him wear a raincoat)
    9 bulky hangers

Thread Information