Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: January declutter challenges!

Quote Originally Posted by klunick View Post
    We only have one local thrift store and it is only open when I am at work. If you drop stuff off when they are closed, they fine you. I guess they have security camera that can read license plates. Not worth a ticket to do a good deed unfortunately.
    See if you have a local freecycle group.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

klunick
    Today's declutter...

Went through stacks and stacks of old photos and purge the duplicates and the blurry or just plain crappy ones. You know... back in the day when you would have to wait a week for your pictures to get developed only to find out 50% of them were bad or blurry.

I even got the husband to start clearing some stuff out of his room. Old computer monitors, boxes of electronic equipment that is out of date (think Windows 98 type stuff), and several empty boxes that various items were packaged in.

Jan12th
    --2 Placemats (Really nice but, I have way too many)
    Made Dd a carrier/holder for her knitting needles when
    she wants to take them out. Turn out cute and useful and
    out of my house!
    Total to date 41....

My daughter took her two prom dresses and dropped them off at a local church - they're collecting items for the Night to Shine event (sponsored by Tim Tebow - a prom for folks with special needs). I just continue to chuck items into a bag for donation as I come across them. Tablecloth that is too short, a winter coffee mug, some Christmas lights I don't need, various pieces of inexpensive jewelry, etc.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Bought;2 things today: a basket and a metal shaker. The shaker will get silk flowers, its big enough. The basket got used at the supermarket on the way home. But my usual rule for culling or putting away is 5:1, so I need to find 10 items to cull...

Fortunately we bought home 8 boxes of books yesterday, so finding 10 pieces to go out should be simple. There’s a gathering of the clan this weekend, so if I find 10 books to cull, I know where to take them and they’ll be appreciated!

Yppej
    Five items of clothing, a pair of earrings, and a glass canister.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Five items of clothing, a pair of earrings, and a glass canister.
    . I was on an ultra minimalism website just now and when i read this I thought these were the items you chose to own. A very amusing moment ensued when i tried to imagine why you'd chosen those seven things! "What exactly would make a glass canister the most essential possession you own after the clothes on your back and that all-important pair of earrings ... hmmm .... maybe it has a magic genie inside?"

Yppej
    LOL kib.

We would fail miserably in one of those websites. We were out in the shed today and I counted 7 trailer hitch balls and my husband does not own a truck anymore. He won't get rid of them because when he gets another truck, one of them will fit. . .

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    We would fail miserably in one of those websites. We were out in the shed today and I counted 7 trailer hitch balls and my husband does not own a truck anymore. He won't get rid of them because when he gets another truck, one of them will fit. . .
    Your husband sounds like mine. He is definitely a "just in case" type guy.

Thread Information