Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: January declutter challenges!

Y, throw the food away.

klunick
    OMG! I was cleaning the top of the fridge which I don't do as often as I should. You could have asked me 100 times if there was anything in the cabinets above the fridge and I would have told you 100 times NO! I decided to look and there were more freaking coffee cups!! Plus a salad bowl that was still unopened, random candlestick holders (we own no candles by the way), and some wine glasses and three bottle of alcohol (and neither of us drink!). Into the trash with all of it!!

Quote Originally Posted by klunick View Post
    coffee cups!! Plus a salad bowl that was still unopened, random candlestick holders (we own no candles by the way), and some wine glasses Into the trash with all of it!!
    Thrift store please, not landfill!!!

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Thrift store please, not landfill!!!
    We only have one local thrift store and it is only open when I am at work. If you drop stuff off when they are closed, they fine you. I guess they have security camera that can read license plates. Not worth a ticket to do a good deed unfortunately.

Dried beans keep for years. If the popcorn pops and smells good, it is fine. If it doesn’t smell like popcorn, it probably won’t taste good either, but it won’t hurt you.

Jan 09,10 & 11th
    ---1 not working electric sweeper--to the curb someone handier then me
    might want to try and fix it.
    --- 1 Book to charity box
    ---5 Jars of spices of undetermined age in the garage...(they had no smell left)
    --a large quantity of compostable bags for your compost. Lesson do NOT store
    compostable in an open container in a damp place. Surprise, surprise they start
    to biodegrade!
    --1 cont of fried onions not sure why I bought then other then they appealed to me
    at the time. Very tasty but, very salty, greasy and made me feel bloated.
    Total to date 39

Quote Originally Posted by klunick View Post
    We only have one local thrift store and it is only open when I am at work. If you drop stuff off when they are closed, they fine you. I guess they have security camera that can read license plates. Not worth a ticket to do a good deed unfortunately.
    Well that's a total flippin' bummer :-(

I went through my large pile of books waiting to be read and culled out the ones that have been there for years, that I obviously don't want to read. A couple are action and adventure that my MIL in the nursing home would enjoy, so I'll bring those to her and donate the others.

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Well that's a total flippin' bummer :-(
    I know. I have been giving stuff to AmVets and Purple Heart lately but they have stopped coming around for pick ups. Used to give a lot when boys were little and out growing everything so quickly.

Yppej
    Thanks CL. I am cooking up my first canister which is dried lima beans.

Thread Information