Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: January declutter challenges!

Stove is being serviced today. So that part of the kitchen will be deep cleaned, first time in far too long!

More work in the living room, but since it has gotten major culling and clean up recently: put a bed in, take the bed and large table out, and then put a dresser and stationary bike in, all in the past 3 months, it’s actually not too bad. Next is the hallway, which will also be pretty easy. The kitchen was started last night, but it needs most of the work.

Also finally got the colored pencils to the neighbor who will use them, yesterday.

I have a box to make up and ship to the BIL as well as some others.

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by NewGig View Post
    Stove is being serviced today. So that part of the kitchen will be deep cleaned, first time in far too long!

More work in the living room, but since it has gotten major culling and clean up recently: put a bed in, take the bed and large table out, and then put a dresser and stationary bike in, all in the past 3 months, it’s actually not too bad. Next is the hallway, which will also be pretty easy. The kitchen was started last night, but it needs most of the work.

Also finally got the colored pencils to the neighbor who will use them, yesterday.

I have a box to make up and ship to the BIL as well as some others.
    That is the one thing I appreciated in our kitchen remodel. They ripped up the floors so no cleaning necessary. The bad part is a friend was doing all the work and was very slow so we lived with sub-flooring for way too long!

Yppej
    A Tupperware lid I couldn't get clean.

My child came home from college for semester break and cleaned their bedroom!!! Huge garbage can of trash and huge bin for donating. (Mom has to sort the bin, but...Yay!)
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Threw out a garbage bag worth of stuff from the storage unit. Can't see much improvement, a first step is a first step.

klunick
    Old cookbooks that don't get used and maps that are out of date.

I went through the bathroom cupboard: 1 sunscreen (replace annually right?), a box that held only 1 votive candle, 1 bag from cough drops-I combined 2 partials. Looks neater now. I love half empty cupboards

Went through doll storage box and got rid of 5 dolls and a candle holder.
    Want to go through a storage box a day for the next 6 weeks, prior to possible move.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    I went through the bathroom cupboard: 1 sunscreen (replace annually right?), a box that held only 1 votive candle, 1 bag from cough drops-I combined 2 partials. Looks neater now. I love half empty cupboards
    Wait – did you just give me permission to throw away the tubes and tubes of sunscreen I have from my friend that’s a good 10 years old? I should throw them away? I hope so tell me I can throw them away.

klunick
    A SodaStream that has never been opened. A dehumidifier that has never been opened. An electric heater fan that hasn't been used in over 20 years.

Thread Information