Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: January 2020 Frugals

Yppej
    Using up all the old cold medicines in the house. They do relieve the symptoms about as much as I remember new meds doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Using up all the old cold medicines in the house. They do relieve the symptoms about as much as I remember new meds doing.
    Oh yes, I am the queen of expired meds usage. Sometimes when DH has a cold, I'll bring him capsules and water and he thinks I am being so considerate (which of course I am) but I also don't want him to see the date that was on the package!

This is not frugal in the way the thread is intended but yet it’s interesting and I’ll pass this along just in case anyone is interested: on eBay, when you put some items on your watchlist,The sellers of those items contact you through a eBay with deep discounts.

I am shopping handmade ceramics and I put five items on my watchlist. The seller of everyone, different sellers,Contacted me offering discounts anywhere from 5% to 50%. I don’t know if this practice is common on eBay but I’ve never had it happen to me before.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    This is not frugal in the way the thread is intended but yet it’s interesting and I’ll pass this along just in case anyone is interested: on eBay, when you put some items on your watchlist,The sellers of those items contact you through a eBay with deep discounts.

I am shopping handmade ceramics and I put five items on my watchlist. The seller of everyone, different sellers,Contacted me offering discounts anywhere from 5% to 50%. I don’t know if this practice is common on eBay but I’ve never had it happen to me before.
    Wow, great tip, I will have to try that out!

Actually medications never had a expiration date until the FDA decided they needed one. 50 years old medication has been found and when tested still good. I never throw it away. Food is another story and I won’t risk getting sick to save a few bucks.

Okay, I put two dolls and three mugs on watch list. I'll report back if anyone contacts me. An experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Okay, I put two dolls and three mugs on watch list. I'll report back if anyone contacts me. An experiment.
    Yes, please do. I wonder if this is just happening in the ceramics community, or if it is more widespread, or if it happens immediately after Christmas, or if it is a new feature eBay has enabled. I don’t know but I’ve never run into it and I’ve been using eBay for 20 years

I know from selling stuff on ebay that there is an option to send offers to interested parties, presumably watchers. Ebay gives you this option if you have one or more watchers on one of your items.

Yppej
    I have not caved and colored my hair. The Silver Sisters support group on Facebook has helped me. My last color was November 1st.

Reporting back--I watchlisted a Scottish mug for my husband and it was 12.95, and they offered 9, so I bought it. Paid too much for shipping, though, ouch, so a frugal fail.

Thread Information