Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: January 2020 Frugals

Dinners this week:
    spaghetti squash (from my fall garden) with ratatouille
    Butternut squash (from my fall garden) with chicken from the freezer
    I'll have these each twice

Brunch: eggs OR tuna salad with pita chips

I also have some protein bars if I don't feel like cooking.

I'm staying at the cabin all week and hubby will leave tonight to work all week and return Friday afternoon. I'm going to sew sew sew read read and sew some more. And I have a scarf I'm knitting, and of course, this light box.

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    Growing my own sprouts (fenugreek), adding to store-bought salad greens. (I like young fenugreek sprouts combined with spinach leaves and little bitty tomatoes.)
    Dado: I recently bought some "microgreens" at the winter farmers' market. Apparently they are the next stage of growth beyond sprouts. I got sunflower and pea. The sunflower was pretty bitter, but I really liked the pea and should probably try this at home. I did think of you when I bought them!

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Did not receive my birthday coupon from Bob's and did not call for it because it always leads me to spend more than the $10 off I get.
    Happy Birthday!

Yppej
    Thank you RR.

Let a $10 Dick's coupon expire - didn't need anything for $10 or less and it's too easy to spend way more.

Restrung a necklace that had broken - added some other beads to it, so not it's a bit longer, which I like better.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

When I get a 10 coupon I buy a pair of nice socks and they are free.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    When I get a 10 coupon I buy a pair of nice socks and they are free.
    I thought about it - but just didn't make the effort to go to the store, lol.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Having 1 meal today: giant salad w tomato, cheese, 1/2 small avocado, and heated diced chicken and corn. YUM!

cancelled a streaming service (AttTVnow): will save me $60/month

DH went to ATT store to replace his old phone and wound up rejiggering plans and signing up for Autopay and as a result our phone bill family plan (3 of our kids are on it and pay us every month) will be $100 less per month.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Dumped Verizon and went T-mobile. Each got new Samsung Note for price of 1. Phone plan unlimited in North America. Cost? $90/month. A savings over just my plan. AND, hubster's work will reimburse him $50/month. (He has been on a work plan w/provided phone all these years and that is coming to an end.)

The biggest punishment in this market is the single subscriber. I use it a lot and need it for travel so hotspot matters.

Thread Information