Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Caution, Wet Paint!

The main thing that drew us to the house was the awesome variety of textures! There's adobe bricks, regular bricks, wood-beamed ceilings, the stone walls (a haven for bugs though), lots of raw wood, and of course, its share of drywall. I have always lived in suburban box-type houses, so this is such a treat for me to fix up!

Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    The main thing that drew us to the house was the awesome variety of textures! There's adobe bricks, regular bricks, wood-beamed ceilings, the stone walls (a haven for bugs though), lots of raw wood, and of course, its share of drywall. I have always lived in suburban box-type houses, so this is such a treat for me to fix up!
    Thank you for sharing. Yes, the textures DO make this an interesting house! Southwestern aesthetics are cool.

Nice!!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by SiouzQ. View Post
    Hi Everyone, I finally *sort of* figured out how to upload photos. I'm not sure why that one is sideways though. Here is a view of the work in progress![ATTACH=CONFIG]3075
    Color reminds me of our "accent" wall in the kitchen. Ignore the weird shadows from the light fixture.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love accent walls. We have one or two in every room.

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I love accent walls. We have one or two in every room.
    I never got the concept of an accent wall. It's my husband who thought of doing them. We have an accent wall in the kitchen and one in the bedroom downstairs. I would like to do one in my bedroom to go with a painting one of my sons got me but just need to figure out what color to do.

I used the same color in my kitchen, dining room, guest bathroom and living room. Then different color in the master bedroom and bathroom and the guest bedroom.

klunick
    I used the same color in my kitchen, dining room, guest bathroom and living room. Then different color in the master bedroom and bathroom and the guest bedroom.
    No two rooms are painted the same color in my house. We even have yellow paint in the basement to brighten it up so it won't look like a basement! Our living room is a warm brownish color. Kitchen is tan-ish with that accent wall in whatever color it is. Basement bedroom has a salmon colored wall. My bedroom and our boys bedrooms are still white because we can't figure out what color we want.

We did the same (well, I did, before DW moved in/we married). I purposely wanted that continuity of color throughout the house -- except for the master bedroom, painted a much cooler color to signify its purpose and privacy, and the bathroom, which is full of ceramic with that mid-70s olive green that I could not afford to change right away (that room got painted a shade similar to the rest of the house but with more green in it).
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I so wish to get back to the painting project! I have to hold back because I overdid things regarding the wrist that had surgery in October - one full day of painting, plus playing an open mic the next day, and rounds of light metalsmithing and knitting in between did me in for the past week. It was obviously too much all at once for my hands and wrists.

It is a gray, snowy morning so that yellow on the walls is especially luscious!

After a week of rest I am planning to start a jewelry today. I must remember I simply cannot fabricate at the pace I was used to. BABY STEPS!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information