Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It's starting......

I really feel sorry for the average person and families in Iran and Iraq. Because of our orange moron many people will lose their lives and their livelihood as well as our country losing our young people. It’s sickening. We may have more domestic terror but where would I run to? You wouldn’t know in advance where strikes will occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I really feel sorry for the average person and families in Iran and Iraq. Because of our orange moron many people will lose their lives and their livelihood as well as our country losing our young people. It’s sickening. We may have more domestic terror but where would I run to? You wouldn’t know in advance where strikes will occur.
    You know Iran has been firing rockets into Iraq for quite some time don't you? The most high profile attack was against an Aramco facility this past summer along with several other oil producing facilities since then. They also seem to have organized the recent attack on our Embassy in Baghdad. But Trump.....yeah.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    You know Iran has been firing rockets into Iraq for quite some time don't you?
    The struggle between those two countries has killed generations of young men and women. The figures for the war that "ended" in 1988 are horrendous.

Yes I know that but I don’t know one person happy with our involvement. I am sick of constant war and wish we would totally get out of the Middle East.

It may not be Trump, there may be systemic reasons why the U.S. needs to be chronically at war (in the middle east), since that kind of is policy across administrations (not that I cut Trump any slack, since he's all around terrible on everything). But those reasons are no better likely. It's all an ugly business.
    Trees don't grow on money

His campaign promise was to get us out of the Middle East. He wants to distract everyone from everything else he has done.

Yppej
    We are in the Middle East due to oil. All the more reason to pursue green policies. If you factor in the costs of war renewable energy is much cheaper than oil.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    For those that remember the Vietnam war, and watching the nightly news coverage, the US lost almost 60,000 soldiers. Each one a living human being. What Is the value of each life?
    An excellent documentary on this is “The fog of war”
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fog_of_War

every time I see the US involved in these border or religious wars I feel sick and wonder 1. Why have we engaged in this fight? 2. What is our exit strategy? 3. What will US citizens gain and is the cost worth it?

Apparently no one was hurt in Iran's missile attack. Maybe they've saved face now and things can settle down some.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Apparently no one was hurt in Iran's missile attack. Maybe they've saved face now and things can settle down some.
    That would truly be a wonderful outcome. Crossing fingers! Rob

Thread Information