Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 73

Thread: It's starting......

  1. #51
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,239
    It does look like Trump is taking a sane and non-escalatory approach. Should this stance hold (?), then it's up to Iran not to escalate matters further. I trust Iran about as much as I trust Trump but I am hoping for the best. Time will tell. Rob

  2. #52
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,239
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Austrians bent on wiping out their Jewish neighbors?
    For what it's worth, the family in Austria I have posted about over the years? Those family members I am in touch with are not anti-Semetic. I have dropped contact with the few that are. Rob

  3. #53
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    15,426
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Kudos, IL. Credit granted for understanding that was a low blow. Rob
    Oh I think you can withdraw that credit, I dont need it really.

  4. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,635
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    For what it's worth, the family in Austria I have posted about over the years? Those family members I am in touch with are not anti-Semetic. I have dropped contact with the few that are. Rob
    It wouldn’t matter if every last family member was a raving cannibal Nazi as far as your guilt or innocence goes. You are no more responsible for the Holocaust than you are for the Trail of Tears or the Atlantic slave trade. Too many people today are too eager to assign us into categories for guilt or innocence assignment. There’s not that much distance between the Woke and Fascist way of thinking in that respect.

  5. #55
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,239
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    It wouldn’t matter if every last family member was a raving cannibal Nazi as far as your guilt or innocence goes. You are no more responsible for the Holocaust than you are for the Trail of Tears or the Atlantic slave trade. Too many people today are too eager to assign us into categories for guilt or innocence assignment. There’s not that much distance between the Woke and Fascist way of thinking in that respect.
    I have felt guilty regarding the Holocaust for years.....it doesn't help that I'm gay and could likely have joined the crowds on the trains. Due to the fact that supporting the Holocaust to some degree is to say my being murdered is acceptable for a trait I did not choose - I won't have dealings with family that is anti-Semetic. Rob

  6. #56
    Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,239
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Oh I think you can withdraw that credit, I dont need it really.
    Just trying to be neighborly, IL. There has been friction between us from time to time over the years. It was heartwarming to me to see your comment/understanding that bae had gone too far. I just wanted to say something nice/express gratitude is all.

    Credit withdrawn if you wish. Rob

  7. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,635
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I have felt guilty regarding the Holocaust for years..... Rob
    If your grandfather was a contract killer would you feel guilty about that?

    I believe guilt is not inheritable. You need to do the hard work of sinning for yourself.

  8. #58
    Senior Member Teacher Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    8,571
    You don’t inherit guilt. I only feel bad for what I do. Although I wouldn’t be friends with anyone I knew was racist.

  9. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,350
    If my family got land, housing, artwork or anything else seized from Holocaust victims I would feel guilty, even if I only inherited it and did not take it myself. There are others who feel this way too, which is why in another example antiquities are being returned to the countries of origin from which they were looted.

  10. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    2,199
    This reasoning gets tricky when instead of inheriting art, we inherit land taken from native Americans about 200 years ago. That’s my personal moral dilemma.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •