Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The new girl

That’s funny! My husband doesn’t like to throw anything away so when he goes out of town I take advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by klunick View Post
    Husband is so clueless about all the stuff I have gotten rid of that belonged to him. He even had notebooks/textbooks from college.... and he is in his 50's!! When I was going through stuff in our closet, I found camping stuff that he bought when we first got married in 1997 with the intention of going camping. We have never gone camping!!
    uhhhh, 30+ years here of marriage and his college textbooks live on in our attic.

The only way I can stay sane is to draw boundaries around areas of our real estate where he may not place “stuff.”

For our Hermann house, i have told him the entire basement is his. The first floor is mine. We will probably compromise on the 2nd floor. Seems fair to me.oh, and he will get the entire double +garage less 10% and at least one storage shed.

Also, he will be entirely responsible for cleaning out and moving it all when we change houses. I wont be exerting myself on old crap.

I also do zones like IL. His are his office, huge shed and garage. However, I have gotten rid of stuff from all of them.

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    uhhhh, 30+ years here of marriage and his college textbooks live on in our attic.

The only way I can stay sane is to draw boundaries around areas of our real estate where he may not place “stuff.”

For our Hermann house, i have told him the entire basement is his. The first floor is mine. We will probably compromise on the 2nd floor. Seems fair to me.oh, and he will get the entire double +garage less 10% and at least one storage shed.

Also, he will be entirely responsible for cleaning out and moving it all when we change houses. I wont be exerting myself on old crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I also do zones like IL. His are his office, huge shed and garage. However, I have gotten rid of stuff from all of them.
    Before our detached garage was built, we had various car parts all over the house. As soon as the last nail was hammered in, I started putting everything outside. Because my husband snores, he got banished to the basement to sleep. He pretty much lives down there now because the computer is down there too and he plays some online train computer game all the time. He still has stuff on the table down there that was placed there Christmas Day 2018!!! Never been touched/used. Drives me nuts!!!

Your husband should be tested for sleep apnea. I snored horribly and was diagnosed at 57 after much nagging from my husband. The CPAP machine ended that. Untreated it destroys your major organs. When I sit in the living room I can see a little of my kitchen. When in the kitchen you can see all of the dining room so needed continuity in colors.

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Your husband should be tested for sleep apnea. I snored horribly and was diagnosed at 57 after much nagging from my husband. The CPAP machine ended that. Untreated it destroys your major organs. When I sit in the living room I can see a little of my kitchen. When in the kitchen you can see all of the dining room so needed continuity in colors.
    He was tested and just resisted getting a CPAP for so long. Finally got one and loves it. But by then, we were both enjoying sleeping in a bed by ourselves, he just stayed down there.

As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

klunick
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Glad you have found us. Welcome from South Western ON Canada!
    Been here for years and love it!
    Widow who was married 47 years to the nicest "Pack Rat" anyone
    ever want to meet but, still a "Pack Rat". Don't miss his stuff
    (I have gotten rid of most of it) but, still miss him. Not a good trade off!

Danna, when I get frustrated with my husband’s junk I remind myself that I would be heartbroken without him. We have so much fun together. After 2 bad marriages this one is awesome.

Thread Information