Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The new girl

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by danna View Post
    Glad you have found us. Welcome from South Western ON Canada!
    Been here for years and love it!
    Widow who was married 47 years to the nicest "Pack Rat" anyone
    ever want to meet but, still a "Pack Rat". Don't miss his stuff
    (I have gotten rid of most of it) but, still miss him. Not a good trade off!
    Sounds like you had yourself a good one. Mine is a self confessed jerk but I guess he is my jerk and I picked him so.... Unfortunately my oldest is my husband on steroids so I will have be constantly apologizing to his future wife for the rest of my life.

I'm living in the desert southwest; I totally understand the need to take a cooler & ice for grocery shopping!
    Welcome Aboard the Boards!

Hello and welcome, Kelly!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Hello, Kelly! Right there with you on a child who loves clothes - LOL!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by klunick View Post
    Before our detached garage was built, we had various car parts all over the house. As soon as the last nail was hammered in, I started putting everything outside. Because my husband snores, he got banished to the basement to sleep. He pretty much lives down there now because the computer is down there too and he plays some online train computer game all the time. He still has stuff on the table down there that was placed there Christmas Day 2018!!! Never been touched/used. Drives me nuts!!!
    Lol. Same here. I have fantasies of sneaking in with a Sharpie and dating everything like an archeological dig. I joke, if you want to find anything, just measure up from the flat surface. 1" = 2013. 12" = 2017. By the time one of us goes, the Stuff edifice may need structural support.

ETA: I sleep on a tempurpedic mattress on the floor of our bedroom - just far enough away from the noise and "bed rock" twitching and thrashing to sleep, still close enough to be ... there. I understand the pull between partnership and singledom, believe me.

We have a king size bed but love sleeping together.

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    We have a king size bed but love sleeping together.
    I am sure most people enjoy sleeping together. But what is funny is that I tell people that we have our own beds and they are like, "oh I wish I could do that. My spouse snores like a jackhammer." I don't really sleep alone though. My two cats seem to think the bed is theirs and I'm just an annoying visitor that takes up space.

Quote Originally Posted by klunick View Post
    I am sure most people enjoy sleeping together. But what is funny is that I tell people that we have our own beds and they are like, "oh I wish I could do that. My spouse snores like a jackhammer." I don't really sleep alone though. My two cats seem to think the bed is theirs and I'm just an annoying visitor that takes up space.
    I'm a snorer and several years ago my wife began getting up in the middle of the night and moving to our guest bedroom. Once that became a nightly occurrence I volunteered to simply move into the smaller room as long as we both retained spontaneous visitation rights. We both sleep wonderfully now.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'm a snorer and several years ago my wife began getting up in the middle of the night and moving to our guest bedroom. Once that became a nightly occurrence I volunteered to simply move into the smaller room as long as we both retained spontaneous visitation rights. We both sleep wonderfully now.
    I used to get up and move to the spare bedroom as well. Plus husband getting into bed would wake me up anyway. He felt bad for the snoring and the waking me up so he just decided it would be easier to just sleep in the spare bedroom so we could both get a good night sleep.

To the snorers and partners of snorers: Go for a sleep study. If you are snoring because of apnea, a CPAP is a GIFT to your partner and to yourself, if it reunites you in the same bed and reduces health risks. DH has a CPAP and never mind him--I love it.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information