Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is 30 too late to turn your life around?

I never watch the eliminations. I thought surely she'd be eliminated for her tuxedo look.
    I can't get excited about anyone's work this season, but I do love Christian Siriano.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I never watch the eliminations. I thought surely she'd be eliminated for her tuxedo look.
    I can't get excited about anyone's work this season, but I do love Christian Siriano.
    Yes, she dodged that bullet. I agree.. I think Sergio is great, so I'm betting on him to be in the finale.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Is 30 too late to turn your life around?

I'm in the process of finding out if early 60's isn't too late. LOL. New career ahead for me?? Fingers-crossed!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post

I'm in the process of finding out if early 60's isn't too late. LOL. New career ahead for me?? Fingers-crossed!
    Good luck, happystuff!! Can't wait to hear about it!!!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town

I love Christian Siriano, too. While no one can take Tim Gunn’s place I think Christian is a good choice because he’s so different from fatherly, elegant Tim. He is like your cool honest little brother.

Has anyone watched Next in Fashion on Netflix? I breezed through it and it was wonderful. Their contestants are already established in the fashion world. There was some astonishing collections shown, and the person who won had SUCH interesting clothing. No spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I love Christian Siriano, too. While no one can take Tim Gunn’s place I think Christian is a good choice because he’s so different from fatherly, elegant Tim. He is like your cool honest little brother.

Has anyone watched Next in Fashion on Netflix? I breezed through it and it was wonderful. Their contestants are already established in the fashion world. There was some astonishing collections shown, and the person who won had SUCH interesting clothing. No spoilers.
    Yes, when I first saw that Tim Gunn wasn't going to be on, and replaced by Christian Siriano, I was disappointed, but once I saw him with the contestants, I changed my mind--he is a very good mentor. Boy, I remember when he won PR.

I'm still rooting for Nancy. Over the years, people over 50 usually don't last long in the competition. She's amazing.

I'll have to check out Next in Fashion! I'll see if DD has seen it, too. Being a graphic artist, she loves all those shows

Maybe I'll break down and spring for Netflix just to watch that.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post

Exciting turn of events--break a leg!

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Good luck, happystuff!! Can't wait to hear about it!!!
    catherine and Jane - well, it's really not THAT exciting. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I work for a small, privately-owned online retail company. It is not doing well. My hours have been cut and I need to pick up additional work to make up the difference. I have been working at this place for 16 years (they keep everyone under full time hours so no benefits) and haven't really forayed out into the world of job-hunting for that long. I *may* have a substitute 2nd shift custodial job lined up. I should be able to leave the first job and go straight to the 2nd when I get called.

See... I told you nothing very exciting. Hopefully enough to get back the income that has been lost.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I am your age, happystuff, and I think it is really exciting when someone our age goes out and gets a job and makes up income that has been lost! Way to go!

Thread Information