Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The most interesting thing about you

The best dog I have ever had was a husky/shepherd mix. Everyone thought he was malamute. He was beautiful, smart, loving, protective and let my 5lb Maltese boss him around. He was a rescue. I would love another one but my allergies/asthma disagrees.

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I got married young and had 3 kids and then obtained 4 college degrees. Kelly, people now are so mobile so you never know where they will end up. My youngest lives in Vietnam and teaches English and math.
    That is true about being mobile and not knowing what the future holds. My oldest will be out of college and will have just started a career by the time we are able to move so that may determine (in my mind) where we end up. Our youngest will still be in college so he would probably follow us. Both boys have told us that they don't want to move cross country which I understand. I just have a more adventurous spirit and would love to just leave all that I've ever known and live in a place completely different with different wildlife around. I want bears, elk, moose, etc. Wow! Four degrees!! Awesome!! I don't even have one. It became apparent my Sophomore year that college and me weren't a good fit so that's when I applied to temp agencies and ended up landing a job that turned into a career.

I have lived in 5 states because of needing to move for work and when my first husband was in the military. 23 years ago I interviewed by phone for a state job in my field and had never been out West. Took the job in Reno and love it. At one point all 3 of my kids moved out here but now only one is still here.

I am a member of both SWOP-Seattle (Sex Workers Outreach Project) and SEPIA (Society of Erotic Professionals in Action).

klunick
    I have lived in 5 states because of needing to move for work and when my first husband was in the military. 23 years ago I interviewed by phone for a state job in my field and had never been out West. Took the job in Reno and love it. At one point all 3 of my kids moved out here but now only one is still here.
    My Dad was a Lt Col in the Army but stopped getting transferred around the time I was born. I was born in KS (Ft Leavenworth) and then we moved to Northern VA when I was under 1. Lived there until I was 25 and moved to Southern MD with my now husband. I tell my husband all the time that we need to get a RV. My inlaws were going to give us theirs when they got too old to use it but then decided that we made too much of a success of ourselves and told us that since we didn't "need" them to never contact them. Yes... my husband's family really is that weird.

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I am a member of both SWOP-Seattle (Sex Workers Outreach Project) and SEPIA (Society of Erotic Professionals in Action).
    Sounds like you live quite an interesting life.

That’s so sad about your husband’s family. I would rent a RV before buying one. If we had we wouldn’t have bought the one we are now trying to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    We here still canít believe it! I mean you *do* go after something long and hard when you want it, like the liturgy study course and your professional certification for shipping regulations, so I guess we shouldnít be surprised. I just wonder whatís next.
    Longer, deeper dives requiring planned decompression stops. This really ups the ante. Should start class with a pool session this weekend. Bookwork is all done. Iím putting in massive time at the gym. Now on the recumbent bike daily. Did 14.5 miles in 62 minutes yesterday.

I had a coworker that did cave diving with her boyfriend. As I remember she had to get special training and certification.

klunick
    Thatís so sad about your husbandís family. I would rent a RV before buying one. If we had we wouldnít have bought the one we are now trying to sell.
    Yes, it is. They prefer to treat their 57 year old daughter who took a 10 year break for adulting to drink herself almost to death like a Queen instead of being proud of their son who got a job, married, had kids, bought a house, has money in the bank, etc. Makes no sense to any of us. As far as the RV, there is no place even close to us to rent one plus husband wants a camper, not an RV. I told him that I have this dream of sitting in the big chair overlooking the sites through that big windshield as we drive down the road and a camper just doesn't fit that dream.

Thread Information