Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The most interesting thing about you

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    No one ever believes me, Iris.....but I do have witnesses!

Also, I used to be a sportswriter...that's the one that usually surprises people the most.
    My uncle and a couple cousins are sports writers. They have interviewed many famous athletes. One cousin has said in the past that Michael Jordan and Wayne Gretzky were his favorite people to talk to. Can't remember any more recent favorite athletes.

I was featured in a weather report in a bikini and represented Hampton VA (which I have absolutely no connection to) on a Rose Festival float--my brief career as a hottie.

I really don't know what others might find interesting about me. I know most people are surprised that I was in the Marine Corps, or maybe they are just surprised that there ARE women in the Marine Corps - LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. - Dalai Lama

Not about me but it always fascinates people that my father was a NASA physician to various Apollo astronauts during their heyday. I recall going to a few crazy astronaut parties with my father when I was a little girl. I guess about me is that I can draw anything photo-realistically.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Not about me but it always fascinates people that my father was a NASA physician to various Apollo astronauts during their heyday. I recall going to a few crazy astronaut parties with my father when I was a little girl. I guess about me is that I can draw anything photo-realistically.
    That's cool, PT, both your dad and your drawing ability. I can barely manage stick figures.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I was featured in a weather report in a bikini and represented Hampton VA (which I have absolutely no connection to) on a Rose Festival float--my brief career as a hottie.
    Woo-hoo, Jane!!!
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    Woo-hoo, Jane!!!
    I like to say I peaked at 19...

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    I emmigrated from The Netherlands as an infant. My parents are WW2 survivors (Rotterdam was horrifically bombed). We started our life with 2 old cars gifted from our parents. As a RN, I have retired a multimillionaire. Hubby is still working-he made min wage well into the 90s so has some bankrolling to do to have the retirement he wants.

I don't know that "normal" people would find this interesting as jealousy runs rampant for those with a bit of wealth. They are too damn busy living above their means and working like slaves to make their monthly payments.

It's sad success in our culture is celebrated by the latter. but here? HERE WE CELEBRATE frugal living!

I just checked my asset total: I drew 1/24th this month of what I earned in the recent 2 weeks. I think I'm going to be OK for the long run.
    Gardnr: That is so impressive! I was very much a late-bloomer financially speaking. Frugality never crossed my mind until late 2007 (I joked that I stopped shopping for recreation and the great recession ensued). I was able to take early retirement 10 years later in a decent financial position thanks primarily to wisdom and motivation gained from the Simple Living Forum, MMM, GRS. Imagine if I had been optimizing our finances all along!

Gardn, I am confused about why your husband canít retire. Do you keep your money separate?

And I ... am not.

Klunick, what a smart way to introduce yourself. Welcome to the boards!!

And Jane ... oh, just .

Thread Information