Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The most interesting thing about you

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Idaho and Montana are gorgeous. I've lived in the Northwest since 1971.
    Husband and I have talked about moving out there once I get my 30 years in at the PD. I don't think either of my boys would follow and it would kill me to be so far away from them and future grandchildren. We will probably end up in TN or Northern GA.

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    People are shocked to learn that a short little early 50s chick is downright obsessed with diving Great Lakes shipwrecks, knows loads about their history, and is a “boatnerd” (into Great Lakes freighters). I’ve been told multiple times “I’d never expect it from you!”

Pretty funny. Then when I ask if they want to see photos, I whip out my phone and then they’re fascinated.
    Wow! That is awesome!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I have traded drinks and stories with one of the Chicago 7, or in this case, 8. Not "the most interesting" but I have enjoyed telling the story to a few who remember who they were or are.
    They are making a Hollywood film about the .chicago 7. I don’t know if your #8 is in it but I suppose he is. I should know who that is but have forgotten. Without looking it up, I have a vague recollection that #8 honorary title was given to Wm Kunstler?

Once at a lily convention luncheon I sat next to a guy who said he was, in his youth, Bernadine Dorn’s boyfriend, they lived together. Bernadine Dorn of Weather Underground fame. She is married to Bill Ayers.

So now this old guy, my luncheon partner, is a peaceful, lily growing retired college professor.

About me: I once adopted six French Bulldogs in one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I have traded drinks and stories with one of the Chicago 7, or in this case, 8. Not "the most interesting" but I have enjoyed telling the story to a few who remember who they were or are.
    Now, I find this very interesting. Any talk of plans to levitate the pentagon?
    "Like a bird on the wire, like a drunk in the midnight choir, I have tried in my way to be free." Leonard Cohen

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    About me: I once adopted six French Bulldogs in one day.
    I love love love Frenchies!! So adorable!!! I would love to get one but husband is holding out for a Bull Terrier (Spuds McKenzie/Target dog). I got to pick our last dog (Alaskan Malamute) so he gets his choice next time. But Bull Terriers are like the unicorns of the dog world. Never see any up for adoption and so freaking expensive from a breeder. We paid over $700 for our Malamute but BTs are a lot more expensive than that!

Quote Originally Posted by klunick View Post
    I love love love Frenchies!! So adorable!!! I would love to get one but husband is holding out for a Bull Terrier (Spuds McKenzie/Target dog). I got to pick our last dog (Alaskan Malamute) so he gets his choice next time. But Bull Terriers are like the unicorns of the dog world. Never see any up for adoption and so freaking expensive from a breeder. We paid over $700 for our Malamute but BTs are a lot more expensive than that!
    Bull Terriers are so odd looking! I always stop and look when they show up on TV. I do like their looks.

I think you are better off getting a Spuds dog. From my casual observation, they are not all over the place. I do not see them on the street.

French bulldogs are a a dime a dozen now and that means backyard breeders and mills are churning them out. Several of my six pack were Champions from the guy in Missouri who pioneered and popularized cream colored Frenchies. Mine were solid little blocks of muscle and bone.

You can’t get that quality of dog todayon average, they all look skinny and they lack bone.

I have to say that the Frenchies seem not very bright to me. We prefer the big bulldogs, English bulldogs. Another fact about me: we have had 50 bulldogs thru our house in 25 years. We foster, we adopt, and we host hospice dogs.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I'd say the most interesting thing about me......I don't follow society's script but have managed to avoid the streets/homelessness. Rob

I got married young and had 3 kids and then obtained 4 college degrees. Kelly, people now are so mobile so you never know where they will end up. My youngest lives in Vietnam and teaches English and math.

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Bull Terriers are so odd looking! I always stop and look when they show up on TV. I do like their looks.

I think you are better off getting a Spuds dog. From my casual observation, they are not all over the place. I do not see them on the street.

French bulldogs are a a dime a dozen now and that means backyard breeders and mills are churning them out. Several of my six pack were Champions from the guy in Missouri who pioneered and popularized cream colored Frenchies. Mine were solid little blocks of muscle and bone.

You can’t get that quality of dog todayon average, they all look skinny and they lack bone.

I have to say that the Frenchies seem not very bright to me. We prefer the big bulldogs, English bulldogs. Another fact about me: we have had 50 bulldogs thru our house in 25 years. We foster, we adopt, and we host hospice dogs.
    You say "odd looking", I say "ugly as heck!" I figure Frenchies would be popular with the puppy mills and don't want to support that. My Malamute came from a very reputable breeder who practices ethical dog breeding. She even sells older dogs once they are past a safe breeding age. Her facility was very nice and we got to meet the mom and dad. I just love how Frenchies talk and will watch those Walter the Frenchie videos and just laugh and laugh. I am sure husband would go batty listening to that but I would love it. Plus our Malamute was well over 100 lbs and thought she was a lap dog. I would like a smaller dog to cuddle. I grew up with cocker spaniels and miss having small dogs.

Thread Information