Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The most interesting thing about you

My plane landed in San Francisco - Nov 1978 about the same time as a delegation returned from the Jonestown mass suicide - sea of reporters in the concourse, so I followed them - having a long lay over until my next flight - in the path of history being made.

Nov 1984 decided not to go running on Pre's trail while at the University of Oregon, only to learn a sniper was shooting at runners from Autzen Stadium. Phew, I would have been an easy target :-(

Shook hands with both Robert Kennedy and Rosalyn Carter.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg44 View Post
    My plane landed in San Francisco - Nov 1978 about the same time as a delegation returned from the Jonestown mass suicide - sea of reporters in the concourse, so I followed them - having a long lay over until my next flight - in the path of history being made.

Nov 1984 decided not to go running on Pre's trail while at the University of Oregon, only to learn a sniper was shooting at runners from Autzen Stadium. Phew, I would have been an easy target :-(

Shook hands with both Robert Kennedy and Rosalyn Carter.
    My first thought was "wow!". Amazing how much little choices/decisions can have life-altering consequences.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    My first thought was "wow!". Amazing how much little choices/decisions can have life-altering consequences.
    I had a similar experience where a split decision changed things. I had just had my second son and my in-laws were in town to meet him. We took them out for dinner but there was a wait for seating. With a newborn and a 3 year old, we decided it was best not to wait around and just go somewhere else. Got outside and happened to look down at my newborn. He was turning blue. Since we were close to the hospital, we decided to go there instead of waiting for an ambulance. Found out he had a hernia at birth which ended up tearing and his intestines went up into his chest and collapsed his lung which is why he had turned blue. I think if we had waited for a seat, we wouldn't have noticed him turning blue and things may have turned out badly.

K, wow what a scary story.

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    K, wow what a scary story.
    Yes, we found out babies are normally diagnosed while still in the womb and 50% of them don't survive. Doctors think the hole was covered with a thin layer of tissue so his lungs grew normally and the tissue didn't rip until he was 10 days old and that's when he turned blue.

Thread Information