Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The most interesting thing about you

klunick

The most interesting thing about you

Today at work I was asked by an Officer who was working in my office on light duty what I thought people found most interesting about me. I am a pretty bland person but I have been told that the fact that I married my husband after only knowing him for three months. We were planning a wedding a year out but decided to just elope.

What would people find interesting about you? Any cool talents? Are you a local hero in your town? Did you do something completely out of the norm for most people? I am interested to hear what you come up with.

I am often asked, Do you have to analyze everything to death?". Being analytical, that is my unique quality, I think.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I am often asked, Do you have to analyze everything to death?". Being analytical, that is my unique quality, I think.
    Being a thinker will serve you well in life.

Yppej
    People are usually surprised I have been to all the lower 48 states with a kid and occasionally a dog in tow, but not other adults.

Currently people are surprised by all the presidential candidates I am going to hear, because they don't come to my state, I go to an adjacent state to see them.

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    People are usually surprised I have been to all the lower 48 states with a kid and occasionally a dog in tow, but not other adults.

Currently people are surprised by all the presidential candidates I am going to hear, because they don't come to my state, I go to an adjacent state to see them.
    Wow! I have never been far from the East Coast my entire life unless you count being born in Kansas. Moved to VA before I was even 10 months. I would love to see Montana, Idaho, the Dakotas one day.

I have traded drinks and stories with one of the Chicago 7, or in this case, 8. Not "the most interesting" but I have enjoyed telling the story to a few who remember who they were or are.

Quote Originally Posted by klunick View Post
    Wow! I have never been far from the East Coast my entire life unless you count being born in Kansas. Moved to VA before I was even 10 months. I would love to see Montana, Idaho, the Dakotas one day.
    Idaho and Montana are gorgeous. I've lived in the Northwest since 1971.

People are shocked to learn that a short little early 50s chick is downright obsessed with diving Great Lakes shipwrecks, knows loads about their history, and is a “boatnerd” (into Great Lakes freighters). I’ve been told multiple times “I’d never expect it from you!”

Pretty funny. Then when I ask if they want to see photos, I whip out my phone and then they’re fascinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    People are shocked to learn that a short little early 50s chick is downright obsessed with diving Great Lakes shipwrecks, knows loads about their history, and is a “boatnerd” (into Great Lakes freighters). I’ve been told multiple times “I’d never expect it from you!”

Pretty funny. Then when I ask if they want to see photos, I whip out my phone and then they’re fascinated.
    We here still can’t believe it! I mean you *do* go after something long and hard when you want it, like the liturgy study course and your professional certification for shipping regulations, so I guess we shouldn’t be surprised. I just wonder what’s next.

klunick
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I have traded drinks and stories with one of the Chicago 7, or in this case, 8. Not "the most interesting" but I have enjoyed telling the story to a few who remember who they were or are.
    Had to google that as I had no idea who they were. My Dad was deployed twice to Vietnam.

Thread Information